Songs That Should Be Banned For Buskers

Highland Capital

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/12/2016 at 18:19, itzdrk said:

Aye seen him about plenty.  Claims to be making money for charity with it. 

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/leo-silent-raver-tells-glasgow-11925659

I'll excuse the brain-injured ex-homeless drug addict his peculiarities but what the f**k is that outfit the busker's wearing? He looks even more ridiculous than the acid casualty. 

I'll excuse the brain-injured ex-homeless drug addict his peculiarities but what the f**k is that outfit the busker's wearing? He looks even more ridiculous than the acid casualty. 

Just another one of the shite Disney club buskers in Glasgow. They all dress like that.

• 1 year later...

The job of buskers is to put themselves out there, doing what they love, have fun and try to share that fun with others. The most important thing about a good performance is staying in contact with the audience, while of course playing decently (not out of tune) and most of all, enjoying and improvising a bit, playing with the music, not just recreating the recording of that song. 

I've been out doing it. You get mostly positive feedback or get ignored, then sometimes you get kids trying to rile you up or somebody complaining about your songs.  Have fun hating on me :)

On 2/12/2018 at 11:24, maxz said:

The job of buskers is to put themselves out there, doing what they love, have fun and try to share that fun with others. The most important thing about a good performance is staying in contact with the audience, while of course playing decently (not out of tune) and most of all, enjoying and improvising a bit, playing with the music, not just recreating the recording of that song. 

I've been out doing it. You get mostly positive feedback or get ignored, then sometimes you get kids trying to rile you up or somebody complaining about your songs.  Have fun hating on me :)

:yucky

Did you create an account on this website just to post that?

On 12/02/2018 at 11:28, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Beethoven's Symphony No 3 (Eroica).

Bugger. I was going to take my kazoo to Union Street and play some Ludwig to see how much you tight Aberdonians would part with. 

One thing i've noticed about the pre pubescent buskers that seem to have spread along Buchanan Street like a rash, is that they all seem to have some wee lassie with them sitting looking doe eyed at them whilst they mumble breathlessly through some fucking dreadful Ed Sheeran number.

edit: 1-5 : Ed Sheeran and Coldplay

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

One thing i've noticed about the pre pubescent buskers that seem to have spread along Buchanan Street like a rash, is that they all seem to have some wee lassie with them sitting looking doe eyed at them whilst they mumble breathlessly through some fucking dreadful Ed Sheeran number.

And it's ALWAYS Lego House. 

We had a guy at work once who was a busker.  He couldn't understand why anyone who could play an instrument, wasn't also busking...

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:24, maxz said:

burds won't like you if you play Ed Sheeran songs, f**k off

I went to school with a guy who's summer plan was to take his guitar with him on a family break to London, take an afternoon away from them to busk, get spotted by a record company, get signed.

Unfortunately it was not a successful plan.

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

I went to school with a guy who's summer plan was to take his guitar with him on a family break to London, take an afternoon away from them to busk, get spotted by a record company, get signed.

Unfortunately it was not a successful plan.

Was it Jai McDowall?

Techno Pets in Glasgow takes the biscuit.

Sits there all day, in a high viz vest and hard hat, playing 90s dance music, and pretending to play the drums.

I don't get it.

That Leo is a bit of a weirdo. Kicks about now in T-shirts with "Leo" drawn on them in pen, often trying to pose for pictures / crave attention in general. He also wears earphones when 'silent' dancing.

Is the electric scarecrow still alive?

Techno Pets in Glasgow takes the biscuit.
Sits there all day, in a high viz vest and hard hat, playing 90s dance music, and pretending to play the drums.
I don't get it.

That Leo is a bit of a weirdo. Kicks about now in T-shirts with "Leo" drawn on them in pen, often trying to pose for pictures / crave attention in general. He also wears earphones when 'silent' dancing.

Is the electric scarecrow still alive?

I'm with you on this. He's not actually adding anything to the tunes but, you know, IT'S JUST SO ZAAAANNY!!!

The electric scarecrow was brought up on another thread regarding town weirdos. I'd feared he had died but supposedly is alive and well in the Southside, just no longer dressed head to toe in nylon and mad makeup.

I'll die happily if I never have to hear a George Ezra song ever fucking again. Every fucking day on Buchanan St "Ohhh what you waiiiiting ohh what you waaaaaiiting fooor" by every single shitty busker.

• 1 month later...

Archived