Will Boyle: Kilmarnock

Michael Devlin: Hamilton Accies

Liam Lindsay: Partick Thistle

Ash Taylor: Aberdeen

Steven Caulker: QPR

Murray Wallace: Scunthorpe United

Do you just choose any random names craig

Guest DAVIDB69
Phillips has been great for several weeks now. Indeed his and Rondon's performances since the clocks went back is the main reason WBA are looking at Europe next season.

WBA won't be anywhere near Europe come the end of the season

None of us will be by the end of the following season. 

Judging by some displays tonight, very few of our prospects are being genuinely tested. That's not an attack on Thistle, Celtic will thrash a lot worse teams this year, but how in the name of Christ can players with very little to play for, other than another shot at CL, over players even semi-bit part in two of the most competitive on the planet?

On 12/9/2016 at 22:01, Officer Barbrady said:

None of us will be by the end of the following season. 

Judging by some displays tonight, very few of our prospects are being genuinely tested. That's not an attack on Thistle, Celtic will thrash a lot worse teams this year, but how in the name of Christ can players with very little to play for, other than another shot at CL, over players even semi-bit part in two of the most competitive on the planet?

Never mind Thistle, look at the Celtic v Aberdeen cup final. Quite a few in that Aberdeen team get talked up to get picked for Scotland - Shinnie, McLean, Jack, even the likes of Considine (shudder), and the Scots playing for Celtic like Forrest and Brown get slated by the same fans. Yet when you see them up against each other in a big game you see that they are on a completely different level to the dross playing for Aberdeen and every other Scottish club, both in ability and also in being comfortable in that environment due to regularly playing in big matches.

I'm not sure I get your point, obviously in the league Celtic are cruising, but if you look at the number of high pressure games that the Scottish Celtic players will play this season I'd argue it's beyond that of a club like West Brom. 6 Champions League qualifiers, 6 Champions League group games, probably 4 semi-finals/cup finals, and 4 Old Firm games. Unlikely to play in every match but it's still somewhere between 15-20 high pressure matches with a lot at stake in front of huge crowds. If you look at our best campaign in the last 15 years - the 2008 Euro campaign - most of the team was playing with a Celtic side that reached the Champions League last 16 or a Rangers side that reached the UEFA Cup Final that season, plus Fletcher who won the Champions League that season. It's no coincidence that our good campaign coincided with Old Firm success in Europe. There were a lot of average players barely better than what we have now like McCulloch, Hartley, Miller, Weir, McManus, Hutton plus Brown and Fletcher, but the fact they were regularly exposed to high pressure European and Old Firm games had a positive effect on the national team because they were comfortable in that environment. I'm not sure I buy that Matt Phillips playing a bunch of mid-table Premier League matches means he is more suited to playing in big Scotland matches.

Archived