• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Wasps1 said:

Mind the last game we played u 

U got the polly bags on the park again 

Shambles only game off in Scotland 

Even the local pub team in Brechin had there game on in the public park lololo

Bet you don't say that to our chairman's face next time you are his guest . 

Do Aberdeen pay us rent for youth games ? Could nt we invest that money in helping buying decent covers or help towards them ? In all fairness it was rock solid all day ...We re not the first team to have a game postponed and won t be the last  As for Forfar of Div 3 fans gloating :whistlewe could beat you on any surface any day .....That's if you're lights don't go out ...................:P

Do Aberdeen pay us rent for youth games ? Could nt we invest that money in helping buying decent covers or help towards them ? In all fairness it was rock solid all day ...We re not the first team to have a game postponed and won t be the last  As for Forfar of Div 3 fans gloating :whistlewe could beat you on any surface any day .....That's if you're lights don't go out ...................[emoji14]

Forfar don't have a plastic pitch, the council own it. Forfar only rent it[emoji6]

I think an explanation is due to the fans as to why this happened yesterday it was forecast there was to be frost and quite honestly it was not that hard, Really all a bit embarrassing for Brechin[emoji20]

Surely you can't expect your club to come out and say- we have a thread bare squad through injuries and suspensions so yesterday was the perfect opportunity to try have a game called off, thankfully it was.

10 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Do Aberdeen pay us rent for youth games ? Could nt we invest that money in helping buying decent covers or help towards them ? In all fairness it was rock solid all day ...We re not the first team to have a game postponed and won t be the last  As for Forfar of Div 3 fans gloating :whistlewe could beat you on any surface any day .....That's if you're lights don't go out ...................:P

That can't be  the same Farfar who were top of the league in October and got relegated , surely ?  Must be the Farmington.  

This isn't a critism of Brechin specifically and is more of the summer football campaign, but I hit a point last season where I could no longer be bothered with winter football. Would maybe be ok if I had at least one travel companion, but just got sick of having to leave early on matchdays worrying if there'll be a game to go to with the risk of spending another day travelling about myself, finding some pub to try and engage some random in conversation or going to some junior ground out of sheer desperation.

Can't make many games due to work and other commitments at the moment, but yesterday was one of those days where I was free but saw the garden covered in frost and (very thankfully) thought "played this game before, f*** that". Even if 11am pitch inspections pass, I need to leave home before that, otherwise it's a case of a few hours public transport travel, time for a quick pint, match, head home. Not a particularly great 'fun:cost' ratio tbh.

Random fun fact: If limited to public transport, door to door travel times to Brechin and Inverness from my house in Aberdeen are roughly the same (there's a particularly annoying 45 min wait for the Brechin bus after getting off the train in Montrose).

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

This isn't a critism of Brechin specifically and is more of the summer football campaign, but I hit a point last season where I could no longer be bothered with winter football. Would maybe be ok if I had at least one travel companion, but just got sick of having to leave early on matchdays worrying if there'll be a game to go to with the risk of spending another day travelling about myself, finding some pub to try and engage some random in conversation or going to some junior ground out of sheer desperation.

Can't make many games due to work and other commitments at the moment, but yesterday was one of those days where I was free but saw the garden covered in frost and (very thankfully) thought "played this game before, f*** that". Even if 11am pitch inspections pass, I need to leave home before that, otherwise it's a case of a few hours public transport travel, time for a quick pint, match, head home. Not a particularly great 'fun:cost' ratio tbh.

I sympathise with your situation but in fairness last season was fairly trouble free as regards the weather. I can't recall many ( if any ) times that our games were in doubt.  Summer football though isn't exactly as it seems.  The season would be ending in winter and as you can see winter can come early.  I don't think there is a simple solution to this one. 

every morning that there has been frost this week I have put this flimsy magnetic sheet on my windscreen to keep frost off it works perfect so what are the covers made off at the glebe a pile oh auld Brechiner's this game should have been on if simple precautions had been followed, but as has been said maybe game being off suited us :thumbsdown

4 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I think an explanation is due to the fans as to why this happened yesterday it was forecast there was to be frost and quite honestly it was not that hard, Really all a bit embarrassing for Brechin:(

This takes me back to my greenkeeping days . When we had to close the course due to adverse conditions there was always at least one phone call to the club from an irate member asking why the course was closed as  his back green is fine !!! :lol:

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This takes me back to my greenkeeping days . When we had to close the course due to adverse conditions there was always at least one phone call to the club from an irate member asking why the course was closed as  his back green is fine !!! :lol:

So with your experience in green keeping why did the covers not work the frost was not that hard or did they in fact put the covers down ? :rolleyes:

Archived