Watch Dogs 2

19QOS19

No topic for this? Just purchased it and can't wait to get rattled in about it (though with a newborn it may be years yet).

Watch Dogs is one of my favourite next gen games and is the first ever game I've 100%ed. I thought it got a lot of unfair criticism and was a good game overall. This one is supposed to be a major improvement. Hopefully Ubisoft pull off another Assassins Creed here: the first one receiving a lot of criticism for it's repetitiveness but the second one being an absolutely amazing game.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

No topic for this? Just purchased it and can't wait to get rattled in about it (though with a newborn it may be years yet).

Watch Dogs is one of my favourite next gen games and is the first ever game I've 100%ed. I thought it got a lot of unfair criticism and was a good game overall. This one is supposed to be a major improvement. Hopefully Ubisoft pull off another Assassins Creed here: the first one receiving a lot of criticism for it's repetitiveness but the second one being an absolutely amazing game.

Just dont attack the women ;)

It is good though so who cares?

I'm sure its a good game, I'm not here claiming its a burning trash heap but its so generic and iterative that I'm almost offended anyone would get excited about it.

Which fits in with the sales figures which are a quarter of the prequels at the same stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Was looking to pick this up once it got cheaper, and Amazon were doing it briefly for 25.  Really enjoying it actually.  They've taken most of the problems with the first one and gotten rid of them (apart from the driving...that's still pretty poor) and remembered to actually put the fun element back in.  It's not taking itself too seriously, and all the better for it.

I liked the first one, but the main character was a po-faced w****r in it.  Talking about how he wanted to clean up the city after the cliched death of some of his family.  How did he clean up the city?   By clubbing anyone in the face.  The writing was always from the perspective that he hated all the violence, so solving most problems with violence didn't really work.  Plus it was written pretty dark and dreary.  This one is a hell of a lot more colourful, and the characters are exactly what they should be for their roles.  They're not these hulking action men, just geeks.  

Aye I'm quite enjoying it. It's not going to scoop a tonne of awards but it's a good enough game. I like how they've made everyone hackable now. Being able to stop and start cars is great for a laugh as well as is the stun gun.

I've never had any issue with the driving controls. The boost is handy when you balls up an online hack as well.

I find evading the 5 stars extremely easy compared to other similar games. I don't think I ever evaded it in GTA games but have several times in this.

I love the car and quadcopter as well. Overall I think it's a fun little title.

Just bought this off amazon for £28. Loved the first one so if this is an improvement then I'm sure I've got my money's worth

If you loved the first one I'd be shocked if you didn't like this one.

If you loved the first one I'd be shocked if you didn't like this one.

Yeah I don't doubt it. Don't get me wrong, aiden was a pretty poor lead character but really enjoyed it overall. Only played it last month as it came with the console

I found the first one good, but the novelty wore off after a while. Does this one keep it fresh, or is it the same thing over and over again?

It can be pretty repetitive IMO. I'm definitely enjoying it but I had high hopes this one was going to go the same way Ubisoft went with AC2: cut out the repetitiveness and make one hell of a game. Sadly it hasn't met my expectations on that one but it's still a fun game nonetheless.

On 16/12/2016 at 09:44, forameus said:

Was looking to pick this up once it got cheaper, and Amazon were doing it briefly for 25.  Really enjoying it actually.  They've taken most of the problems with the first one and gotten rid of them (apart from the driving...that's still pretty poor) and remembered to actually put the fun element back in.  It's not taking itself too seriously, and all the better for it.

I liked the first one, but the main character was a po-faced w****r in it.  Talking about how he wanted to clean up the city after the cliched death of some of his family.  How did he clean up the city?   By clubbing anyone in the face.  The writing was always from the perspective that he hated all the violence, so solving most problems with violence didn't really work.  Plus it was written pretty dark and dreary.  This one is a hell of a lot more colourful, and the characters are exactly what they should be for their roles.  They're not these hulking action men, just geeks.  

I like how this one's based around the main character being marked as highly likely to be a criminal.

So he corrects that by breaking & entering, assaulting, murdering and stealing to get by. 

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I like how this one's based around the main character being marked as highly likely to be a criminal.

So he corrects that by breaking & entering, assaulting, murdering and stealing to get by. 

:lol: Fair point.  I do think it's a bit weird that you're given all these non-lethal ways to get around - in fact, it'd probably be pretty easy to do a totally non-lethal run - but there isn't much made of being able to just shoot everyone in the face from minute 1.

Thinking too much into it though - it's at least not taking itself too seriously now, and all the better for it.

• 3 months later...

I picked this up last week and thoroughly enjoying it so far - a big improvement over the original imo. SF is a great locale to set a game in, and I like all the side quests like Driver SF and ScoutX, not to mention blowing up water pipes and taking control of forklifts.

The characters are amazingly pretty decent as well.  It would be very easy to make hackers absolute c***s in a game, but Deadsec are actually fairly likeable.

They learned from the first one.  Aidan Pearce was an absolute bellend of a character.  Mournfully talking about how he wanted to clean up the city, only his method of cleaning it up was beating the shit out of people with steel pipes.  They got it more right with the second in making things a bit more light-hearted

Archived