Strachan remains

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think hes an ok manager but his time with scotland has clearly run its course.

That's it in a nutshell.

He's had 4 years with us and his peak has been and gone. After 2 years of guff, does anyone really see us getting back to 2014 levels of spark and enthusiasm and forgetting all this shite and disillusionment?

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's not and its embarrassing seeing people try and paint it that way.

I knew fucking loads of people over there.

They weren't treated like heroes. What a nonsense. Everyone knew it was a failure, but the fans showed their appreciation for the efforts of all players and manager involved.

Like supporters do.

Georgia away aside it was a decent effort with some good results and performances.

I was there. I sat through the 'celebrations'. 

It was fucking painful. Mortifying in fact.

I honestly thought for a minute there was going to be some sort of trophy presentation.

38 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's not and its embarrassing seeing people try and paint it that way.

I knew fucking loads of people over there.

They weren't treated like heroes. What a nonsense. Everyone knew it was a failure, but the fans showed their appreciation for the efforts of all players and manager involved.

Like supporters do.

Georgia away aside it was a decent effort with some good results and performances.

Singing 'One Gordon Strachan' throughout was absolutely treating him like a hero. Strachan and Regan have both explicitly stated that the reception from fans in Faro contributed to his decision to stay.

No one has said fans should have gone out there to boo the team and call for Strachan's head throughout. However, what they did was shower him with praise and treat him like a hero, which actively made him more likely to stay. Everyone who sang his name that day contributed to this mess. This is an undeniable fact, frankly.

Scandalous, absolutely scandalous . The suits in charge at the SFA could not give a single shit about Scottish Football and what us fans really want to see. How can a man who has won 3 competitive games in 2 years receive unanimous backing. It just beggars belief. 

2 hours ago, HairyBawz said:

If you class Stephen Pressley a professional scout then you've got a point but my point still stands if the manager is not working with the players during an international window then he should be looking at the upcoming opposition for himself

I'm not saying he shouldn't get the bullet, just not for that. Who would you play in a friendly? A big team would annihilate them and a wee one is a banana skin. He'd be better researching uncapped players parentage and bringing a few ringers in.

It's absolutely staggering that this has happened.  

I just assumed when watching the Slovakia game that that would be that.  There was maybe some point in letting him limp along to Wembley given how soon it was, but even that was a mistake in that the campaign was not yet completely gone.  It sure as Hell is now.

I can't believe he's in charge still.  He did badly in the last campaign and is doing very much worse in this one.  Messrs Burley and Levein (disasters both) are entitled to look at this situation with a degree of puzzlement.

I've just aboot had enough myself now.

Out of interest has any other country managers/coaches left their positions this campaign  ? 

Watching Scotland has become a chore now,if I fancy a couple days away al maybes choose a random champions league game.

Never thought I'd see myself say that but Strachan s arrogance has really pissed me right off :(

Messrs Burley and Levein (disasters both) are entitled to look at this situation with a degree of puzzlement.

They would have lasted longer if they'd been cheekier and had more media/fitba pals.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get the bullet, just not for that. Who would you play in a friendly? A big team would annihilate them and a wee one is a banana skin. He'd be better researching uncapped players parentage and bringing a few ringers in.

It's an international window where he is getting paid to be the international manager so yes he should be scouting opposition teams or with our squad playing a friendly not playing golf in the Algarve on our time

We should be playing an Albania, Romania or a Macedonia who wanted to play us. You can't simply refuse to play friendlies because there's a risk. You'd never play a game at all by that logic

I personally like the wee man, but I do agree that his time is up. Like Levein before him he appears to have let his own ego and personal relationships get in the way of selecting some - possibly better suited-  players for international duty.

I also wish Mark McGhee would just wander off somewhere and never ever come back. There is nothing worse than listening to him patronising us with the soundbites that the players are not good enough, not enough choice, everyone is united etc. I can certainy see him steering his own club side down to the Championship with his current beliefs on how the game should be played. Get rid of him ASAP.

We all know we are Fecked anyway.

13 minutes ago, HairyBawz said:

It's an international window where he is getting paid to be the international manager so yes he should be scouting opposition teams or with our squad playing a friendly not playing golf in the Algarve on our time

This is bang on btw. Our next opponents, Slovenia, were playing Poland on Monday evening and he's away having a jolly in Portugal instead of finding a way to stop us getting our arses handed to us again.

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Out of interest has any other country managers/coaches left their positions this campaign  ? 

Hogmo, the Norway manager, resigned yesterday in shame for picking up 3 points from 4 games. He pretty much held his hands up and admitted he was a dick (or a footballing dick, at least) and accepted it.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/norway-coach-per-mathias-hogmo-resigns-390748

So he's staying...not what I wanted or expected but he seems to think we can still make the playoffs.
In which case between now and March.
Get rid of McGhee and Watson and replace them with credible coaches.
Trawl the universe for decent eligible centre halves.
Contact any out of favour players(Rhodes, McCormack, Adam, Bardsley etc)and tell them a decent run will get them back in the squad.
Make the fans and media think you give a toss by attending games and showing a bit of respect in interviews.
I'd be right behind him if he addressed even one of these issues, but in reality sadly he'll be out of the media spotlight other than the odd pundit stint until February when his next press conference ends up with him hooking someone Jim McLean style who has the audacity to ask him a question.

Archived