Talbot involved in Tory Govt Work programme

whitburn exile

just been reading the daily mirror online about a freedom of information request that the DWP fought about the discredited workfare programme from a couple of years ago and when looking through the list number 36 The Talbot are listed. My question is why did they get involved especially given the destruction The Tories have inflicted on Ayrshire and indeed many parts of Scotland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dwp-forced-reveal-vast-list-8522078

40 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:

just been reading the daily mirror online about a freedom of information request that the DWP fought about the discredited workfare programme from a couple of years ago and when looking through the list number 36 The Talbot are listed. My question is why did they get involved especially given the destruction The Tories have inflicted on Ayrshire and indeed many parts of Scotland.

Yawn :lol:

What difference does it make. Really. In this day and age can a club afford to be particular about finances.
Providing it's legal. And providing it's true the club do what's best for the club

3 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

Yes there was.
Many reasons.
A guy for instance gets his benefits sanctioned and been told to get involved in work programme or sanctions continue.
Maybe he said the only work I will do for free is for Talbot.
Only saying...

And they wonder at the high incidence of cardiac arrests in East Ayrshire adult males,QL. :(

13 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

How bizarre is that?
Only yesterday someone posted that East Ayrshire has the most homophobic and rascist tweets.
I would like to know where you all get figures from.emoji6.png

Tbf though bud,it's probably worth mentioning that the East Ayrshire troops were only mid-table before Dimps got his new phone. :)

The answer to that question would be an ecumenical matter.

It is of course a fact that Talbot's golden period coincided exactly with the rise of Thatcherism and new labour. I imagine the club will go into decline if Jeremy Corbyn ever becomes PM.

6 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

Yes there was.
Many reasons.
A guy for instance gets his benefits sanctioned and been told to get involved in work programme or sanctions continue.
Maybe he said the only work I will do for free is for Talbot.
Only saying...

Perhaps but Talbot should never get involved in any Tory policy that is designed to cause misery and hardship on the most vulnerable. The village of Auchinleck stood proud and refused to be destroyed by Thatcher. Never forget , never trust a Tory.

Think this chap is still upset for us pumping them in the cup several times all those years ago. [emoji23]

Let it go son ????????

42 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Perhaps but Talbot should never get involved in any Tory policy that is designed to cause misery and hardship on the most vulnerable. The village of Auchinleck stood proud and refused to be destroyed by Thatcher. Never forget , never trust a Tory.

I agree with you but I also suspect Talbot were being truthful when they said they had nothing to do with this, and nothing that has come out since their denial has contradicted this. Unless someone can prove otherwise they are entitled to be believed. 

The thing that these threads shows is that football fans in general have flimsy principles when it comes to the ethics of how their club is run. That's not aimed at Talbot fans particularly, btw. 

Most of us living in a post-industrial enclave of central Scotland would be critical of this sort of exploitative practice if it was a local shop, but if it threatens to make their fitba club look bad I know most football fans - including the many who flaunt their left wing politics as a fashion accessory - will either ignore it or make some bizarre and hypocritical argument to support it.

As I said, that's not an attack on Talbot fans but an observation about the nature of football supporters in general. 

no hidden agenda or hate of Talbot. Read a story about the costs involved and saw Talbot mentioned so asked a question. Not sure why some folk touchy about it

It was already debated at some length. Think you just relit the torch paper my friend lol.

The likes of the town fool HB and his cronies on here love to see anything negative about Talbot plastered on here as if in hope it will affect their performance on the park ffs [emoji85].

Archived