Price of football 2016

The annual cost of football report is out, have a look see what you think.

Most striking thing for me was how much more Airdrie are charging for season tickets than anyone else in our league. 

Surprisingly Livi one of the cheapest patg and pies etc, granted the price of a cup of tea is ridiculous as is parking although that's not shown on this report. 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195

£2.30 for a fucking cup of tea at Queen's Park. The same price as a pie. 

Assuming they have the same profit margins on both items, it must either be the world's finest tea leaves served in a bone china cup by a butler, or abattoir floor sweepings in a bit of a pastry. 

Looks like they've got the pricing right in Northern Ireland. Dearest ticket £10, cheapest ticket £10. The product on show is probably quite similar to this level.

There is a reason Stranraer have one of the cheapest pies in Scotland.

The annual cost of football report is out, have a look see what you think.

Most striking thing for me was how much more Airdrie are charging for season tickets than anyone else in our league. 

Surprisingly Livi one of the cheapest patg and pies etc, granted the price of a cup of tea is ridiculous as is parking although that's not shown on this report. 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195

Living was very reasonable, and the food is fair, but £10 to park the bus!

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

£2.30 for a fucking cup of tea at Queen's Park. The same price as a pie. 

Assuming they have the same profit margins on both items, it must either be the world's finest tea leaves served in a bone china cup by a butler, or abattoir floor sweepings in a bit of a pastry. 

Aye it's pish. Hampden caterers contracted through SFA and unfortunately they have the rights for all events at the ground. Best boycotted. It's hard when you have hungry weans with you but they've been telt there will be no more £5 burgers getting bought for them!

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye it's pish. Hampden caterers contracted through SFA and unfortunately they have the rights for all events at the ground. Best boycotted. It's hard when you have hungry weans with you but they've been telt there will be no more £5 burgers getting bought for them!

Dick Turpin must be running the pie stand at Hampden. Surprised Desieboy1 hasn't got a pakora shack set up in the concourse. I know who I'd rather give my dosh to.

Pie pirates.

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dick Turpin must be running the pie stand at Hampden. Surprised Desieboy1 hasn't got a pakora shack set up in the concourse. I know who I'd rather give my dosh to.

Pie pirates.

My mouth is watering at the thought of the chicken pakora that you used to get at Firs Park - the only near rival to the outstanding steak and black pudding pies at Arbroath.  The pie and chips at Stranraer for £2.50 was excellent though.

In general, I reckon QP have got it right re admittance - you can't complain at £12 for adults and £2 for concessions (parent and child is even better at £1 for the sprogs, I think) but the pie stall prices are horrendous.  

Charging £15 or £16 for watching this level of football is simply too much.

Surprised at the PaTG prices of the League Two clubs, didn't think they'd charge more than a tenner, but several of them charge more than some League One sides and their cheapest is the same as the cheapest League One clubs..

£16 is a piss take for League One games though, as is 20 and above for the Championship. Clubs coming down from the Premiership don't want to accept they're in the diddy league now and still charge Premiership prices, Alloa is doing the same in League One thinking they're still in the Championship and feck knows what Airdrie thinks.

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

In general, I reckon QP have got it right re admittance

- you can't complain at £12 for adults and £2 for concessions (parent and child is even better at £1 for the sprogs, I think) but the pie stall prices are horrendous.  

Charging £15 or £16 for watching this level of football is simply too much.

Parent and up to 4 kids for £13. Excellent value for money. Although G4S diddies confiscating their wee Ribena bottles still needs fixing. Bampots!

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Surprised at the PaTG prices of the League Two clubs, didn't think they'd charge more than a tenner, but several of them charge more than some League One sides and their cheapest is the same as the cheapest League One clubs..

Don't know what Montrose are on for their 'highest' season ticket. That's about the right price for Mo and Lichties together:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived