New SPFL rules for all ticket matches.

Rovers director has just informed the club's fan through the club's fantalk forum that all Ticketed matches require fans to provide name and address. Are they trying to drive us away from football altogether. I would only assume you would require photographic identification or really what is the point. How would this work with online or phone sales. Any thoughts.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why?

Certainly seems strange something like this would be put in place now and not last year with games v Sevco. 

Or maybe it's to identify those exuberant Hibs fans intent on goading

Ludicrous, if we're being completely strict about it, will we have to provide details to get into St Mirren away or QOS away as technically speaking they are all-ticket games even if we just turn up & get one outside the ground? same could be said about Easter Road but in Rovers' case we normally sell tickets in advance for that one anyway.

13 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Rovers director has just informed the club's fan through the club's fantalk forum that all Ticketed matches require fans to provide name and address. Are they trying to drive us away from football altogether. I would only assume you would require photographic identification or really what is the point. How would this work with online or phone sales. Any thoughts.

Its not especially new though I think it's only imminently compulsory. It has been policy all season though. Our fans had to give the same details for tickets bought ahead of our cup tie at Ibrox. It is being driven by the Scottish Government. It only applies at the moment to advance purchases not matchday purchases. It is acknowledged that it isn't practical with pre match purchases. It is also acknowledged that not every person buys their own ticket. The onus is on the purchaser effectively to be responsible for the behaviour of the user of the ticket they bought. So it doesnt impact on phone or online purchases, the responsibility is still with the purchaser.

Guest Back Post Misses

It will be plod driving it

9 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Do you have a link please?

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Apart from matches vs Hibs (and play-offs), the reality is none of our games are going to be 'all-ticket' affairs. 

None of our matches are technically all ticket (nor should they be with 3800 seats for away fans, and 4500 for home) but Police Scotland insist on Hibs/Dunfermline matches being "all ticket" before letting the club announce on Friday evening that you can pay at the gate. By which time people have decided not to bother.

A totally pointless exercise but the only people who get hurt are the clubs, right...

Archived