Scottish Junior Cup 3rd Round

KilsythCoyle

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope someone from lochgelly Albert is on here, would just like to thank them for contributing to a good game today and for coming up to the club after the game and  enjoying the hospitality on offer, great bunch of guys and all the best for the rest of the season, and to pass on our apologies to the guy Tam a think his name was for running out of vodka and for not having any brandy, they'll no what I'm talking about :)

Just watched the goal highlights from Gartcairn v Whitburn and what jumps out is the absolutely amateurish defending at the first goal - players still jogging into position as the corner is being taken, 4 Whitburn defenders either static or backing away from the only two Gartcairn players attacking the ball, and the usually dependable keeper flapping as the ball comes in. Hopefully the new manager can do something about this area of the team as that is where Whitburn have struggled most all season - Whitburn played 3 rounds in the Scottish this season, conceding 3 goals in each game. As we saw yesterday, the forwards can't always be relied on to bale the team out. Gartcairn gave Whitburn a lesson in finishing as the visitors squandered 4 or 5 clear chances before the opening goal. Whitburn were chasing the game when goals 2 and 3 went in, so can't read too much into the final score.

Well done Gartcairn though. Looked a good team and best of luck in the next round.

23 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

Good results for Dunbar and Haddington. Haddington had a tough match yesterday against Neilston, but I felt they were always in control. I hope Musselburgh also win next week to make it a trio of East Lothian teams into the last 32.

Yeah, hard fought game yesterday but I think we deserved the win. 4th round territory is a rare feat for us. Although we did make it to the last 32 in 10/11, you'll need to go back to 70/71 for a similar cup run. On both occasions we won our ties and progressed to round 5.

Archived