The second worst accent in Scotland?

There's a branch of Sanchezes from Fife who talk like they're from Fife. I don't see them very often and when I last did every sentence they spoke ended with an inflection that would give you vertigo. And "eh?" tacked on for no apparent reason. It was really disorientating because when you're not listening and tuning it out (because that's what you do when people from Fife talk) then hear what you assume is a question you think: Oh! What? Am I being asked something? That wasn't a question, why are you saying it like one?

Not helped by the fact every time one of them does it I find myself wanting to scream YOU GREW UP IN MARYHILL, mind.

Also, the last time I was at T in the Park (2011) it was full of obvious thickos who kept walking about musing loudly "aye the place is full a weegies ken/like/eh"

Cretins, to a man.

Like and eh perfectly acceptable at the end of that sentence, Ken doesn't work and I refuse to believe anyone would use it in that context

Kehn means I know or know, just doesn't work

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's a branch of Sanchezes from Fife who talk like they're from Fife. I don't see them very often and when I last did every sentence they spoke ended with an inflection that would give you vertigo. And "eh?" tacked on for no apparent reason. It was really disorientating because when you're not listening and tuning it out (because that's what you do when people from Fife talk) then hear what you assume is a question you think: Oh! What? Am I being asked something? That wasn't a question, why are you saying it like one?

Not helped by the fact every time one of them does it I find myself wanting to scream YOU GREW UP IN MARYHILL, mind.

The first rule of Fife Club is nae biddy talks aboot Fife Club, ken? 

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The worst part of the Glasgow Uni accent is the way they pronounce "T" as "D" in a lot of situations.  "It was only, like, you know, fordy quid".

I also have to endure this notably when discussing "Scoddish Power"

Also - what accent does Jim Kerr use?far cry from regular Toryglen

It must be hard growing up in the west of Scotland tbf; growing up listening to that shite nasally accent whilst wishing you were from Edinburgh or the east where people speak properly. At least you have the Clyde though, eh.

We don't have idiots saying absolute nonsense like "it's a Barry day the day like" though, so swings and roundabouts.

50 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It must be hard growing up in the west of Scotland tbf; growing up listening to that shite nasally accent whilst wishing you were from Edinburgh or the east where people speak properly. At least you have the Clyde though, eh.

Certainly wasn't my experience when I lived through in the east, spoke properly with no authenticity was my experience, for all their foibles, I'd far rather be in the company of west coast people any day of the week.

The Invernessian accent is a funny one, I'd say there's probably 2, maybe 3 of them.

You have the proper broad one, where a lot of folk from the Merkinch and South Kessock area still have; the proper rubber bumpers one.  Where they say something like;

'suheen'  - something

'heere eh/here mun' - here

Then you have what I would say my accent is, still Invernessian, but far softer and not as nasally.  Id say 'suhin' for the word something. And I don't say 'eh' or 'mun' at the end of every sentence.

Then you have a sort of new one, the one ICTChris mentioned previously.  Like a mix of Invernessian and central belt, stemming from the influx of Weegies and others over the last 20 years.  Every second accent I hear in work now is a central belt one.   Said peoples kids are being born and brought up here and developing this hybrid accent.