The Grand Tour

jimmy boo

46 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The new Mustang is pretty nice. Although to be honest, that segment made me want to upgrade my Focus. Not in that awful baby-blue colour though.

I nearly held off for the Focus RS 18 months ago which I quite like in blue and really looks the part. Just went back to Subaru STI.

Bizarre enough to cause a Twitter storm and hunners of publicity for The Grand Tour.
:whistle

I think this was the worst thing about his comments, that it was a really obvious and desperate attempt to be controversial. It's like someone put the worst P&B trolls in a room and asked them to come up with their most mediocre trolling ideas then got Hammond to say them. That bad.

I didn't even realise he'd said that to be honest, must've missed that bit.

Show got it spot on, decent review of a Mustang and a comparison to a similar ford already available here.

Then James May done one of his usually very good and interesting viewpoints on a historical moment in motorsports history. It would be nice if they managed to pull episodes like that out on a more regular basis.

"Does that mean he's not coming on then?"

f**k up, James.

They're booting the arse out of the comedy, the should reign that right in and concentrate on the cars and a bit more serious debate and let the off-the-cuff humour happen on its own. 

I'm enjoying about half an episode at the moment. They have it in them to make the show really good with a few adjustments.

I didn't even realise he'd said that to be honest, must've missed that bit.

Show got it spot on, decent review of a Mustang and a comparison to a similar ford already available here.

Then James May done one of his usually very good and interesting viewpoints on a historical moment in motorsports history. It would be nice if they managed to pull episodes like that out on a more regular basis.

I think James May is actually a really good presenter and some of his other stand-alone shows have been excellent.

I was a big fan of Top Gear (the old version with the 3 of them in it) and couldn't wait for the Grand Tour to start. But I'll have to admit this has been absolutely pish so far. There's been a few decent clips but the forced humour and celebrity death nonsense has been terrible. I managed to get 6 months of Prime free since I'm a student, delighted I've not paid for it and certainly won't pay for it when the 6 months trial ends.

I was a big fan of Top Gear (the old version with the 3 of them in it) and couldn't wait for the Grand Tour to start. But I'll have to admit this has been absolutely pish so far. There's been a few decent clips but the forced humour and celebrity death nonsense has been terrible. I managed to get 6 months of Prime free since I'm a student, delighted I've not paid for it and certainly won't pay for it when the 6 months trial ends.

I've quite enjoyed it to be honest. Kills an hour once a week when there's nothing better on. The celebrity death thing is pretty annoying though. Just pointless filler that's not remotely funny. Last nights episode was pretty crap though. Part 1 of a two-part Namibia special. 45 mins of them driving along a beach and over some sand dunes until they found a road. The end. Pish.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I've quite enjoyed it to be honest. Kills an hour once a week when there's nothing better on. The celebrity death thing is pretty annoying though. Just pointless filler that's not remotely funny. Last nights episode was pretty crap though. Part 1 of a two-part Namibia special. 45 mins of them driving along a beach and over some sand dunes until they found a road. The end. Pish.

I didn't even get to the end of that episode. Just turned it off after 30 minutes.

Just watched part 2. I never minded stuff being staged for dramatic effect but that was fucking awful. I think they're lacking someone from the BBC to restrict them to some kind of semi-realistic narrative, however tongue in cheek. Why do the joke of buying loads of luxury camping stuff while leaving Hammond with a tiny stool, but fuckoff to a hotel? And the mind bogglingly boring driving up and down the same beach for episode 1. The bit about hunting ivory smugglers was excrutiating.

I think James May is actually a really good presenter and some of his other stand-alone shows have been excellent.

The man lab n toy stories were both excellent. Problem with this show is essentially it's the same production n presenting team as old top gear but with bigger budgets. The budget wasn't the problem though it was the lack of new ideas, hence last few series being pretty poor. At least the bbc had the sense to bin Evans from tg.....is there anyone on this show prepared to make a big decision?

• 3 weeks later...

Keep getting infuriated by it but keep watching. The staged jokes are awful, and cancelling the road trip to the South of France for a race to the ferry through a container depot was taking irony a step too boring. I think they're getting too much freedom to do what they want on this, without any BBC bullies to keep them on track. Just a simple road trip would be good, thought they were going to do the North 500?

I'm currently watching the old Burma Top gear special.

It's a lot better than I remember and the scenery is bloody fantastic, factored in with the information they give you of the country it's so much better than the grand tour.

It's infuriating. The maserati piece was terrible, but Hammond's piece on the Abarth 124 spider was very good.

It's watchable (just), but not nearly as good as it should be.

I watched the start of this one because I am thinking of buying the Abarth spider. Liked the review but then switched the programme off because it was a bit crap.

I watched the start of this one because I am thinking of buying the Abarth spider. Liked the review but then switched the programme off because it was a bit crap.

I've got a couple episodes to catch up with. Watched the Land Rover/MG/Merc hybrid one from a couple weeks ago on Friday night there. Thought it was a bit boring tbh...
The new Honda NSX is fucking cool though.

Watching the latest episode where the tent is at the top end of Loch Ness. Ashamed to say that the audience is the ugliest I've ever seen, and still no hint of them doing the North 500. Not enough road trips in the new series, they're too lazy.