Livi v Peterhead

No thread for this be yet, on paper a home win but football isn't played on paper.

Peterhead gave us a right tough game earlier in the season and I don't expect it to be any different here. 

With someone like Rory McAllister in your team, that's enough to make any team Stand up and take notice. 

Be interesting to see how we line up for this one, I was surprised we started basically full strength on Sunday night, Kelly will return but will be interesting to see if anyone is replaced. 

Anyway going to go for a tight 2-1 win which could be massive with in form Airdrie playing Alloa. 

2 shots at goal 2 goals, We had enough chances to win 3 games and didn't take them. 

People can blame the defending all they want but it's the strikers that have let us down today. 

Huge opportunity missed, very disappointing. 

TNS have actually broke us. :lol:

Peterhead took their chances, we didn't. Only got ourselves to blame, and it only serves to highlight Hopkin's tactical shortcomings against teams that come to sit in. Putting four (!) strikers on the pitch is not the answer.

It's all Hopkins fault again this week, I can see a pattern here, when we lose its Hopkins fault, when we win its all down to the players. 

I actually felt we played well today, especially in the first half, we passed the ball about really well and created numerous chances, it's not the managers fault that we didn't score from any of them. 

The goal we lost was terrible, no doubt but we could've been 2 or 3 up by then. 

Even the 2nd half we where we'll on top, hit the bar, last ditch defending, keeper making saves and Mullen missed a sitter from 3 yards out but because we went for it we left ourselves short at the back.

I actually felt we played better today than we have done in 3 or 4 weeks but it just didn't break for us today. 

Our fans have to be some of the worst in the country, as soon as the 2nd goal went in the fans completely turned on the manager, the defenders, and yes the defending for the goals was awful but if the strikers had done there job we would've came away with a comfortable win. 

50 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It's all Hopkins fault again this week, I can see a pattern here, when we lose its Hopkins fault, when we win its all down to the players. 

I actually felt we played well today, especially in the first half, we passed the ball about really well and created numerous chances, it's not the managers fault that we didn't score from any of them. 

Even the 2nd half we where we'll on top, hit the bar, last ditch defending, keeper making saves and Mullen missed a sitter from 3 yards out but because we went for it we left ourselves short at the back.

I actually felt we played better today than we have done in 3 or 4 weeks but it just didn't break for us today. 

Our fans have to be some of the worst in the country, as soon as the 2nd goal went in the fans completely turned on the manager, the defenders, and yes the defending for the goals was awful but if the strikers had done there job we would've came away with a comfortable win. 

Here here ffs give them a break! 

If we had superstars they'd be playing someone else.

Andy, I didn't suggest it's all Hopkin's fault. The strikers had a stinker today, there's no doubt about it. But again, when we're chasing a game, he seems far too reckless and throws all caution to the wind. He has not learned at all; take the home leg of the play-off against Stranraer for example, threw three attacking players on which left the midfield horribly unbalanced, and we ended up getting done in extra time. He's not really made any progress in this regard, it was the same story against Albion Rovers a few weeks back too.

I quite rightly praised him for his tactics against Crusaders, and he has sussed Alloa and Brechin out. But there's no point in beating those sides rather comprehensively and struggling against "lesser" sides.

You said he needs to come up with something different against teams that come and sit in. 

Today we carved Peterhead open 3 or 4 times and had a couple more chances but didn't take them, we created enough chances to win the game and that was against a team that sat in, what more can he do ? 

Also your point about the Stranraer game last season, he went gung ho because we needed 2 more goals to just get extra time, I put it to you that if he didn't do that then we may not have even got to extra time, what would you do in that position ? I'd do the same. 

As I've said previously, I'm not his biggest fan, far from it, I called for him to go like many, but the clubs made a decision and we all need to accept that, we are top of the league, we have players that are playing in league 1 for a reason. 

We all need to have a reality check, we aren't world beaters, we are going to lose games but it's a marathon not a sprint, let's get behind them for a change. 

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I don't even think the strikers played that badly today, it's Hopkin's fault and choice to play long ball all game showing his lack of tactics. Called for him to go and still am, I would rather we got an experienced manager in who know what they were doing and give them the time to lay the foundations rather than doing it midway through the Championship next season.

He's the same manager that is complaining about how the first goal wasn't given as offside despite it being a deflection off of our players

Archived