Scotland's future XI

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was going to go with a young Scotland XI I would struggle to find a striker close to ready, Aitchison does look promising but he has only made a couple of Celtic appearances so it's too early to tell how good he will become. Right now the youngest Scotlad ready forward is Griffiths at 26 but there are some good young defensive and midfield prospects.  When healthy I think that John Souttar has a bright future, as does Liam Lindsay and Callum Patterson (who has already been capped).  In the midfield John McGinn looks very promising, as does Bournemouth's Ryan Fraser.  

This is not counting Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney, and Oliver Burke who are both automatic picks for Scotland when healthy (and two of whom play the same position).

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 04:53, kmc dafc said:

No Fleck? 

Fleck was one of those Scottish youngsters who faded away after showing so much potential like Danny Wilson!

ARCHER, PATTERSON SOUTTAR HANLEY TIERNEY, SAMMUT CHRISTIE ARMSTRONG, HARPER BURKE GAULD.... If they all achieve their potential!

Do you have a rare eye disorder or something?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAVIDB69
Archer
Paterson, Hanley, Caulker/Cooper, Robertson/Tierney
Armstrong, Cairney,
Burke, Phillips, Fraser
Rhodes

Why does caulker qualify as scottish

Guest DAVIDB69

I would hope the likes of Fraser and Armstrong should be playing in these games and we start looking to the future.

Time to start discarding the many time failures.

However I doubt they will play and the many time aging failures will p,as both games

On 13/03/2017 at 19:31, King Kebab said:

Believe it or not, he has a Scottish granny!!!

And Caulker does not have a full English cap so he is still eligible to play for Scotland.

Hopefully, the next WGS's successor will give Liam Lindsay a chance.

Archived