East fife v Alloa

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the keeper coach not the sub keeper???
Got to feel a little hard done by tonight, stonewall penalty claim, disallowed goal but although it was a better performance we were still the masters of our own downfall with the two quite frankly (from our PoV) shite goals we gave away, both defensive blunders, what was Goodfellow doing at their 2nd???
A brave new formation from Gary going with the 3-5-2 it I think it almost worked, perhaps Mercer should have started in hind site and Lamont isn't really up to the defensive part of being an out an out wing-back, but all in all there was a lot of positives, Wilkie had his best game in ages, we had two up front for most of the game and you could see the difference there and apart from the immediate periods after they scored their goals Alloa didn't really trouble us. As I've said more positives than negatives to be taken from the game tonight!!!

We played shite and got a point 

EF didn't let us play 

No Midfield missed Goodwin tonight 

No drive in the middle played back to front all nite never worked ( high balls all nite up to Spence) 

Stonewall pen we had shocking 

Decent game of football tonight. Obviously disappointing not to win having been twice ahead but I still think Alloa are best footballing side in the league, their only obvious weakness being a lack of pace at the back. Flanagan had a great game tonight.

While a draw was probably a fair outcome over the piece, we can consider ourselves unfortunate not to go in two goals ahead at the break with the penalty shout. The goals conceded were avoidable but Alloa are more than likely saying the same thing. Feeling a lot more positive about things after tonight's performance though - if we can keep to that standard we won't be hanging around the relegation zone for too much longer... 

First half we weren't at the races and made a turgid East Fife team look decent. We had no threat going forward and our half was summed up by Marr having a uncharacteristic mistake to allow East Fife to go one up. The ref had a shocker in denying a stonewall penalty against us and we got off the hook with that one although he was pish throughout the game. In the second we started to play a bit better but still nowhere near as good as we can play. We get the equaliser and then another mistake plays in East Fife to create a chance and we score a own goal for them. It was pleasing (and a relief) to see Hynd get the equaliser and to get a point away from home in a midweek fixture.

If Goodwin is going to stay in the dugout more often (which I think is the way to go) then we need to sign a centre midfielder.

First half we couldnt get going and deserved to be behind. Much improved second half. On the basis of chances, draw maybe about right but I dont think we could feel particularly aggrieved about not taking all 3 points.

A nice moment Scott Hynd getting the equaliser.

9 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

First half we weren't at the races and made a turgid East Fife team look decent. We had no threat going forward and our half was summed up by Marr having a uncharacteristic mistake to allow East Fife to go one up. The ref had a shocker in denying a stonewall penalty against us and we got off the hook with that one although he was pish throughout the game. In the second we started to play a bit better but still nowhere near as good as we can play. We get the equaliser and then another mistake plays in East Fife to create a chance and we score a own goal for them. It was pleasing (and a relief) to see Hynd get the equaliser and to get a point away from home in a midweek fixture.

TURGID, you were watching the wrong game pal or you used the wrong adjective! The Gaffer got his tactics spot on last night, Jim Goodwin admitted after the game that Alloa were lucky only to be one behind at the break & another member of the backroom staff described the first half as Alloa being battered! Can't deny they were a whole lot better in the second half (off the ball movement particularly from Cawley was very impressive) & over the piece a draw was fair result.

As for the ref if you haven't become used to that sort of performance this season you haven't watched many games. In fairness our players think the ref got the penalty decision 100% right although from where i was it looked a stonewaller

12 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The goals conceded were avoidable but Alloa are more than likely saying the same thing. 

Probably true for East Fifes first goal, but I dont think we could have really done too much about the second. An unfortunate ricochet opened us up and the East Fife boy did really well from what looked like a fairly tight angle. Didnt blame Taggart at all, despite him getting the last touch.

Didnt think we played as good as we can play last night, having said that was it us not playing or was it east fife playing very well.

Not sure if we missed goodwin from the team or not tbh

Nice we ground out there reminded me a bit of dumbarton but yours was superior, i was quite impressed [emoji106]????

Archived