Petershill v Carnoustie Panmure, Saturday 19th November

peasy23

Petershill Park will be closed from Monday 14th November to allow the playing surface to be replaced. The work is expected to take 6 weeks so for starters we have had to find an alternative venue to host Carnoustie Panmure in Round 3 of the Scottish Junior Cup next Saturday. The game will now take place at McKenna Park, kick off at 1.45 pm. Thanks to the Ants committee for making the ground available to us.

Hope they take down that stupid netting in front of the stand as well . Bloody health and safety gone made.

Agreed, it makes going to Petershill a dreadful experience having to watch the game through a net if you want to stay dry on a wet day. I assume it is there to protect the seats from being damaged by the ball ? If so, why don't any other teams in other leagues with stands close to the pitch need a net ?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Agreed, it makes going to Petershill a dreadful experience having to watch the game through a net if you want to stay dry on a wet day. I assume it is there to protect the seats from being damaged by the ball ? If so, why don't any other teams in other leagues with stands close to the pitch need a net ?

The net isn't great, but is there I assume for when seven a sides are played on the pitch. Airdries ground has a net behind both goals, don't know how it affects viewing as I've never watched the game from behind it. 

• 2 weeks later...

A quote from the Petershill-Carnoustie programme : "we have asked to play away from home whilst the pitch replacement works are ongoing, and having played 2 home league matches more than away we hope that the fixture secretary will be sympathetic to our request."

No prizes for guessing that the numpty would ignore that very-politely-put request :

Sat 26th Nov. : Petershill v Shotts "at Petershill Park"

:thumbsdown

3 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

A quote from the Petershill-Carnoustie programme : "we have asked to play away from home whilst the pitch replacement works are ongoing, and having played 2 home league matches more than away we hope that the fixture secretary will be sympathetic to our request."

No prizes for guessing that the numpty would ignore that very-politely-put request :

Were you there on Saturday Phil? Wish I had known and I would have said hello.

Should have said you were desperate for a home game .

18 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Were you there on Saturday Phil? Wish I had known and I would have said hello.

Yes I was.

As a neutral groundhopper who's also a Real Ale ticker yours was my target match for my usual Saturday ale+footy+ale day out by train from (frozen-solid) Aberdeenshire since it was the only "bracketed tick" of the day (don't ask...). Having been abroad on business for the week with no internet access, I only discovered the change of venue when back home on Friday night. So despite me already having return tickets to Edinburgh I then added on a sideways train(s) journey across to Cardonald.

Many thanks for your post at 09:10am on the Games Off thread spreading the word that McKenna Park was playable. I'm a Luddite who doesn't have an i-phone but a non-footy mate happened to be on the same train down, we going our separate ways at 09:30. So thanks to you posting so early I was able to see that confirmation via his i-phone, which allowed my pre-match imbibing in Edinburgh to be free of worry whether I was going to arrive to find nothing happening (which has occurred several times before, e.g. it's a long way by train from Aberdeenshire to Dam Park, Ayr, only to find it PPd and with no time to get to a Plan B).

From the above description, you're probably now glad that you didn't say hello to me ! :lol:

Cheers, and good luck for the next round. I trust that your manager's blood will have stopped boiling by then - Mr Gentles not his favourite ref, evidently.

[emoji16][emoji16]

I was over the far side and the incident that led to that happened right in front of me. The Gowfers defender tried to muscle Jason Hardie out the way and just bounced off him, then got cleaned out by his own keeper. The ref somehow viewed it as a foul to Panmure.

Glad I was able to help on Saturday, hope you enjoyed your day out despite the weather.

Archived