Spartans

francksauzee

Heard that that Dougie Samuel has previously held discussions with the board at Spartans regarding their poor form this season and today's result could potentially result in his resignation from his position. Apparently the board have been considering possible replacements since the discussions with Samuel and one of the front runners could be the management team from Tynecastle.

After today's game that could be a shrewd appointment as Tynie appear to be looking good this season and today's game proved what progress they have made. They have created a definite style in the short time they have been there with their under 20s also following the same blue print as the first team and also progressing well, whereas Samuel on the other hand has been at Spartans for a lot longer and they seem to have no style or plan and seem to have no real organisation or game plan!

Thought tynie were superb today and looked superior to Spartans all over the pitch! Only one team looking to play football and taking the ball in tight situations and being brave on the ball. Overall I was very impressed with tynie performance and were deserved winners on the day!

Unsure what their thoughts would be. They seem to be very hardworking and respectful and imagine they are enjoying their job at tynecastle. But also guess they will be very ambitious and there is no doubting the Spartans job is a much bigger one than they have at tynie

Haha frank that is nonsense....can't see the board having any discussions about his future.

Also, what have the Tynie management achieved for Spartans to want them in? They have done nothing and there will be a lot bigger names in for the job should it become available. 

That may be correct Messiah but looking at the bigger picture, the tynie guys appear to have a plan in place and a structure which Spartans don't seem to have under the current management. Granted the tynecastle management team at the moment don't have experience at that level but working at a club like Spartans and implementing their plan and structure I could see it being a very smart and long term move by Spartans. A young energetic innovative management could be exactly what they need to freshen them up and back to where they should be

Yeah agree that guys at Lothian and at Leith definitely in with a shout if the position at Spartans becomes available. Both have been consistently performing well for longer than Tynecastle. Maybe more so Leith guys are a better fit in my opinion based on their evident playing style, a style which would suit Spartans

Good win tonight 2-1. I can't understand why Preston are bottom if they play like that every week. They went in at 1/2 time 1 up & deservedly so. 

2nd 1/2 & Sammy subbed Broque & replaced him with Maxy, proved to be a brilliant move. 

Beezer upped his game & scored the penalty. Maxy cracked in the winner off the post. 

Jack Hay was brilliant never stopped all night, a few better balls thru to him & he'd have been on the scoresheet, admittedly the wind did affect the match at times. 

Will try & get the footage up tomorrow but I've a busy day & out later. 

Grimbo 

Great result for Spartans, think there is now 13 points between them and EK now. Would be funny if EK were to chuck this lead, will be interesting to see how they react to their first defeat of the season. 

If Shire win both their games in hand they can go 8 points behind so maybe league isn't quite over yet. Saying that, I can't see Spartans going on a winning run to put too much pressure on EK. Spartans drop too many points to lesser teams.

• 1 month later...

Archived