Paintings

Bold Rover

12 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

aa51c99f8b9009d7c488310fc5018231.jpg

I was going to post "The Persistence of Memory" but seeing as you already have, I won't bother. Not sure why, but this is one of the few pieces of printed/painted work that really seems to affect me.

I was going to post "The Persistence of Memory" but seeing as you already have, I won't bother. Not sure why, but this is one of the few pieces of printed/painted work that really seems to affect me.

Obviously Dali's most famous piece of work; and for good reason. As far as symbolism goes you can't really get much better than him, and this painting.

13 hours ago, Eednud said:

Bit gruesome but have always liked Judith Beheading Holofernes by Caravaggio. It's the look of intensity on her face. 

300px-Caravaggio_Judith_Beheading_Holofernes.jpg

I'd no idea ISIS existed back then.

Anyway, long before Picasso's Guernica came Pieter Bruegel the Elder's The Triumph of Death, which seems very contemporary now for reasons I cannot explain.

1280px-Thetriumphofdeath.jpg

Visited Dali museum in Figueres a few years ago. Fantastic place and well worth a visit if you are in that area of Spain. 

The mosaic type picture of his naked partner looking out the window called Lincoln in Dalivision , when you squint it turns into Abraham Lincoln is worth the admission itself. 

Just now, Theo Snelders said:

:lol: nicely put. The documentation centre is well worth a visit there.

I was accosted by a 6'6" skinhead there complete with braces and DM's. Think he was looking for an English squaddie to fight with, he chilled out when I explained I was a Scottish tourist. Near shat myself.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was accosted by a 6'6" skinhead there complete with braces and DM's. Think he was looking for an English squaddie to fight with, he chilled out when I explained I was a Scottish tourist. Near shat myself.

OYF hope there were no English squaddies visiting that day then! Christ, the lad sounds about a whole foot taller than me.