Paintings

Bold Rover

7 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I've sold one, quite recently £50. The basin one is quite big 1.5m x 1m its on the wall in the living room I had to fix it to the wall and paint it there as it was too big for the easel, I paint them from photos, if you want one done drop me a pm. I'm quite surprised people like them, thought I would get a power of abuse on here.:lol:

I think they're really good actually. Are you never tempted to do them on location, or is that too difficult with their size being massive, and the weather changing, etc.?

I think they're really good actually. Are you never tempted to do them on location, or is that too difficult with their size being massive, and the weather changing, etc.?

The weather is never changing in Ferryden, god has decreed that as his own country!!! Although it might sometimes be a wee bit sunny/snowy/rainy/ frosty for painting, for all other activities it's good. Min

19 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Yep. Photo only.

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

unnamed.jpg

I used to drink in a pub called Whistler's Mother. Now a noodle bar and restaurant. 

She spent a wee while, a few years back, on display in the gallery at Glasgow University Library.

next I give you a painting by a Welshman called Paul Roberts. This fellow was the singer in a seventies group called Sniff 'n' The Tears. They had a minor hit with Driver's Seat which was revived some years later for a car advert and still gets played on radio. One of my. Sons knows him and Roberts told him that the proceeds from that one hit allowed Roberts to pursue his other artistic interests. Google him if you like this.

image.jpg

3 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Another Rubens, to be seen in Munich's Alte Pinakothek. "The Fall of the Damned."

image.jpg

I wouldn't like to be underneath them when those fat fuckers hit the ground

eta - also known as The Fall of the Rebel Angels

Edited by NewBornBairn