Queen's Park v Peterheid

Public announcement for travelling fans....hate for you to miss the first two goals;)

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=1820

As for the game, who knows? Never a favourable fixture for us but both teams seem equally variable at the moment and it's on the back of a well-deserved victory last week so here's hoping we get back-to-back league wins for the first time this season. 

Looking forward to Scotland's top derby after last week's victory.

It would be great to follow it up with a win.... will Gus change the team?

Expect fish scales and empty Irn Bru cans to litter the car park after the inevitable ruck before the game.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Expect fish scales and empty Irn Bru cans to litter the car park after the inevitable ruck before the game.

When I get bored of chasing them all over the Hampden car park I'm coming for you next. Just make sure you make it back from Wembley on time

6 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Looking forward to Scotland's top derby after last week's victory.

It would be great to follow it up with a win.... will Gus change the team?

I think they eat the scales, bones, the lot up there. 

What is going on at Queens Miller put out on loan to Clyde . Surely we need all our better players with a bit of skill to be kept . Bradley , Galt and now Miller .... Starting to get a bit worried . Maybe the preview will shed some light on what is happening or will it tell us again a full squad available !!

16 minutes ago, Bob's Ska Mate said:

To go from starting eleven to not even stripped at Stranraer seemed strange. Galt back in squad according to OS though so that's a bonus.

You have to wonder if the two are connected? Personality-wise you couldn't get two more extreme characters. Miller's an overrated poser for me. He'll fizzle out at Clyde and eventually walk out in a huff. Galt's a genuine game changer, or at least has the potential to be. With Galt and McKernon back in the team I'd fancy our chances better tomorrow.

Is Billy Mortimer not yet ready for a go in the first team? 

20 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

When I get bored of chasing them all over the Hampden car park I'm coming for you next. Just make sure you make it back from Wembley on time

You're claimed!

managed to catch the train from London ok and I'm dusting off my boxing gloves

Happy enough with a point, especially against a team we don't get much luck with. Thought we played alright. First half was very uneventful, however we looked solid at the back. What a difference in the team when guys like Gibson and McKernon are playing. I thought the game changed when Carter came on. Constantly running in behind the defence and maybe should of have won a penalty when put through on goal. Overall, happy enough with the perormance and result and it's another point on the board.

All too often we don't perform against Peterhead but we did well yesterday.  You know what you get with them; physical and turgid and it works for them, but at least we were spared McAllister's drama queen diving act that works so well.  They looked a wee bit lost without him....which was excellent for us.

However, we couldn't score and whilst it is another point on the board, it should have been three and these are the games where we have to cap off the performance with a goal if we're not going to be scrambling about for wins at the erse end of the season.

Whilst I'm sorry to see Millar go, it was great to see Davie Galt back.  From what I've heard, there isn't anything to link the two as was mentioned above; Galt's job meant that he had to forego training for a while.

Should have added - the second "penalty" shout looked a certainty; well within the box.  If the TV coverage proves that to be the case, you have to wonder what the linesman was thinking.  These guys are becoming surplus to requirement as they never seem to be flagging for anything except when the ball goes out and, even then, they wait for the ref to tell them which way to point.

Peterhead were certainly physical, but turgid is more than a tad unkind as I thought they moved the ball about well and their midfield and forwards put in a great shift as far as closing us down was concerned. That gave us little time to get our passing game going so after an hour i would have been thrilled with the draw, but ended up being disappointed that only inept officialdom prevented us from getting what would have ultimately been a well deserved win. Highlight of the day was the digital programme - best one of the season so far.

Should have added - the second "penalty" shout looked a certainty; well within the box. 

QPTV may prove otherwise but reckon 2nd penalty shout was one of few decisions ref got right all day just outside the box
Not convinced big Peterhead 5 got anything on the ball for first shout he got away with plenty all game
Worried by our lack of goal threat and one of few home games this season where we've had less possession
Onto Methil for another 6 pointer...

I stand corrected...the QPTV coverage would back up the ref re the second penalty shout, but it also makes it look like the first one was a cert.  Add to that, the big centre half got away with a blatant push on Malone just before that, even though Malone wouldn't have got near the ball.

The first one was a stonewaller by any measure. the direction of the ball is something the ref's use as a key indicator, but not in this case. Farside linesman must have had something to say also? Wasn't just a pen, would have been a straight red too. Second was borderline, certainly in real time, and what caught my eye was the ref's hesitancy and looking over to that same linesman who was 2-3 yards ahead of play.

What troubles me about these type of decisions, or indecisions, across the game generally is that in any tight scenario, including offsides, referees default to the defensive position. When the offside rules were rewritten some years ago FIFA heralded it as a positive move for the game, creating more goals and more spectator enjoyment.  In practise, it's entirely the opposite. Surely if it's all about goals and excitement these borderline decisions should be given in favour of the attackers.

Word of note for Oor Wullie. That save from the sideflick was top drawer by any standards. His anticipation of where the ball was going was superb and that's a quality you can't teach or coach. But for MoTM it was McKernon for me. His vision, awareness and ability to shift the ball along quickly and accurately is special too. Just have to get that front part fixed now:unsure2:

On ‎14‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 12:07, Hampden Diehard said:

I stand corrected...the QPTV coverage would back up the ref re the second penalty shout, but it also makes it look like the first one was a cert.  Add to that, the big centre half got away with a blatant push on Malone just before that, even though Malone wouldn't have got near the ball.

Was not at the game so did not have a particular opinion on the Ferry red card. According to todays paper we are looking at appealing it using the QPTV footage which show there was cover & the foul did not stop a clear goal scoring chance so will await the outcome.

17 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Was not at the game so did not have a particular opinion on the Ferry red card. According to todays paper we are looking at appealing it using the QPTV footage which show there was cover & the foul did not stop a clear goal scoring chance so will await the outcome.

Being let off with a penalty and another red card not sufficient reward? Let's hope that the Powers That Be show a bit more integrity than PFC. I thought your club was better than that.

Being let off with a penalty and another red card not sufficient reward? Let's hope that the Powers That Be show a bit more integrity than PFC. I thought your club was better than that.

Absolutely stupid argument. Ferry will miss two games for a trip that deserved a yellow at a push. Relating it to any other incident in the game is illogical.

15 hours ago, strichener said:

Absolutely stupid argument. Ferry will miss two games for a trip that deserved a yellow at a push. Relating it to any other incident in the game is illogical.

At a push? Aye right, Carter would have got a shot away if he hadn't been deliberately brought down just outside the box. Deserved booking. Of course whether it was a CLEAR goalscoring opportunity is another argument and I don't blame you for trying to get it reduced. We did similar a couple of weeks ago and were successful

Archived