Airdrie v Brechin 12th Nov

The defence seems to be settling down at last. Although it took a dodgy penalty to win we clearly were the better team. The stats back this up. Very few weaknesses. Thought Macdonald and Daniel were better than usual today. To me Brown showed why he has to play. His free kicks were causing havoc and his speed caused Brechin problems. No doubt I'll be in the minority.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cooper81 said:

Watch the highlights it was deliberate handball the ref got it spot on. Ally Love was actually very lucky not to be red carded as both Love and Fitzpatrick got involved in handbags only for Love to result in elbowing Fitzpatrick directly on the face. McLean was rash and dangerous with his challenge which was only ever going to result in a red card. Anytime a group of players  surround the referee when they are not happy with a decision is embarrassing. Well done Airdrie..

Typical airdrie fan with the blinkers on, I didn't see the love incedent as I was at the toilet but heard he was lucky to stay on the park, I can't wait till the highlights come up, how you can ever call that a deliberate handball is beyond me, it wasn't even a shot, it came off your players head and hit our played in the hand from half a yard away, it was a good open game with no team really testing either keeper until we went down to 10 men, 0-0 would have been OK for us but getting beat away to the worst full time team in Scotland isn't A disaster when you look at there next 5 fixtures 

Typical airdrie fan with the blinkers on, I didn't see the love incedent as I was at the toilet but heard he was lucky to stay on the park, I can't wait till the highlights come up, how you can ever call that a deliberate handball is beyond me, it wasn't even a shot, it came off your players head and hit our played in the hand from half a yard away, it was a good open game with no team really testing either keeper until we went down to 10 men, 0-0 would have been OK for us but getting beat away to the worst full time team in Scotland isn't A disaster when you look at there next 5 fixtures 

Taking it well, pal?

Conroy and Leitch in midfield are just superb.  Russell and Ryan up top are looking really good,  and Gorman generally running the defence well,  we have the makings of a really good team.  

Rohan and Stewart hace settled down, and McIntosh is doing well just now at RB and needs to continue playing.

Things not looking too bad just now and a few tweaks during the winter window could see us through to at least the playoffs.   

At the time I thought the head-flick was putting the ball past the defender, and he raised his arm to block it.

Having looked at the footage a couple of times, I still think that.

Scrappy match at times, but a great win. Against teams above us in the league, I'll take a scrappy win all day long. Another big one next week, cannae wait.

I don't often say much about the opposition but Brechin's behaviour  was disgraceful today. The ref looked as if he had forgotten his cards in the first half. Also I hate this idea of bullying the ref en masse when a decision goes against a team as Brechin did today more than once. Reminded me of Chelsea in the dark days of Jose and Terry. Have the rules not been changed to stop this sort of thing?

Thought we were the better team and deserved the win. Brechin never really threatened even with 11. Miles away from the finished article but a lot more compact and harder to break down than before.

Impressed with Wilson on the touch line. Constantly organising, barking out instructions.

1 hour ago, carlukediamond said:

Great 3 points against a team of thugs

Can only echo the above sentiments.

Dodds has obviously got his team well versed in the how to play dirty as his players executed every dirty trick in the book. Shocking display frim Brechin today as the foul count (18) + the warranted red card for No2's double foot over the ball tackle testify.

2 things: 

Our penalty was soft

Brechin could have had a penalty at the death.

I thought we were the better team, Brechin were lucky to finish with ten. Their player reacting to Fitzpatrick was lucky to stay on. They'd a few heavy, late tackles that they got away with.

I don't think there's any doubt that he best team won. Thought Brown was the weak link. Just doesn't do enough for me. Boateng was vastly improved, though still looks like a bombscare if given time on the ball. All in all, a decent win. Happy for a change.

I thought brown was ok today. Delivery from dead balls was excellent, had some good runs and got himself into some great positions. At least 4 times he got himself into an excellent position only for Russell, Ryan and Conroy to not lift their heads and see the pass to put him in.

He's an easy target as he sometimes doesn't look like he puts a shift in, doesn't go into tackles etc but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Clearly Wilson does as well and hooked both Russell and Ryan before him today.

All off the team for me today got pass marks. Felt Gorman was really good at the back today and communicated with the backline a lot and FItzpatrick has been really good recently. I could on name a few more that i felt were particulary good. Iain Russell for me today though was different class, not just in his play but his work ethic today was class. Sometimes in this league it won't be pretty and it will come down to the team thats willing to work their socks of more and for me today the team showed great work ethic and also showed good discipline. Onwards and upwards.

17 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Surprised foul count was only 18 by Brechin to Diamonds 12. Mostly by Jack Leitch I suspect, who covered every blade of synthetic grass today in a great shift for the team.

Yeah i felt he had a really good game today and i noticed he was pushing forward more than he has had than previous matches. I believe with Leitch he will only get better.

23 minutes ago, Frank_Grimes said:

I thought brown was ok today. Delivery from dead balls was excellent, had some good runs and got himself into some great positions. At least 4 times he got himself into an excellent position only for Russell, Ryan and Conroy to not lift their heads and see the pass to put him in.

He's an easy target as he sometimes doesn't look like he puts a shift in, doesn't go into tackles etc but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. Clearly Wilson does as well and hooked both Russell and Ryan before him today.

Brown did very well today, wished though he squared at the end as i had us on to win 2-0. However i would rather we won every week and my football bets or coupon are down. I watched highlights from Rovers last week where i felt he could have done better however most of our good attacking play often involves Brown. He is a typical winger sometimes than can be inconsistent then other times change a games in matter of minutes ( alloa game being perfect example when he set up Ryan).

11 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Well played Airdrie,we were hammer throwers today (just like Dodds when he played).Don't like players surrounding the ref(just like Dodds when he played)shows lack of respect and we can't handle getting beat.

Aw give it a break, the most negative person it the world, airdrie fans saying we were poor but were the best team first quarter or game and were the better team until they got a very soft pen, also we finished with 10 me either 5 of our starting 11 injured

Aw give it a break, the most negative person it the world, airdrie fans saying we were poor but were the best team first quarter or game and were the better team until they got a very soft pen, also we finished with 10 me either 5 of our starting 11 injured

How can you claim to be the better team, you had 1 shot on target compared to Airdrie's 7. Airdrie had 52% possession to brechin's 48%. Airdrie 6 corners to brechin's 3. So tell me again how brechin were the better team

Archived