Airdrie v Brechin 12th Nov

Another poor week off the park cant mask a respectable 4 wins from 5 on it.  

However, that's mainly been against lower half teams.

We now have the impressive Brechin who'll surely provide a stiff test.

I'm not expecting many changes thanks to the old cliche'd "don't change a winning team" routine but if Scott Stewart is fit I'm sure he'd be considered most likely at McIntosh's expense.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

If Stewart is fit, I'd rather see him in for Brown than for McIntosh, but if The Who were right and the new boss is indeed the same as the old boss, that probably won't happen.  

There's a good player in Brown if he is managed right in my opinion. Agreed he shirks tackles and doesn't track back, but is good going forward and win games with one pass or cross. Just needs to man up a bit.

If we have any aspirations of challenging at the top, we really need to start winning our home games and taking points off the top teams.

Mark "The Special One" Wilson and Gordon "The Saviour" Dalziel to see us to a glorious 3-1 victory which will see us go level on points with Alloa is my prediction.

Andy Ryan x1
Iain Russell x1
Dan Boateng x1 & OG

Attendance 713.

When we played Brechin earlier in the season they impressed me within the first 20 minutes of the game as they started the game well. However their defense i wasn't to impressed with, particulary our first goal that day a long ball and Ryan beating their defense for the equalizer. The same our defense was poor however we are better with Gorman in centre of defense. I believe Brechin will give us a game but Cooper81 is saying it will be airdrie 2 Brechin 0 ( and unlikely goalscorer)

9 hours ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

There's a good player in Brown if he is managed right in my opinion. Agreed he shirks tackles and doesn't track back, but is good going forward and win games with one pass or cross. Just needs to man up a bit.

Every time I've seen him, which is admittedly not much, he's been an empty jersey. Utter shitebag and offers hee-haw going forward or back.

Cue a hat-trick tomorrow.....

He scored a few goals - and good goals, too - early doors this season, so it's been disappointing that he's not really built on that.  We're very reliant on Russell and Ryan for our goals.  I mean, they're the forwards, so you'd expect them to get the most goals, but I don't really see where many goals will come from if one them gets injured or hits a run of bad form. 

22 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

When we played Brechin earlier in the season they impressed me within the first 20 minutes of the game as they started the game well. However their defense i wasn't to impressed with, particulary our first goal that day a long ball and Ryan beating their defense for the equalizer. The same our defense was poor however we are better with Gorman in centre of defense. I believe Brechin will give us a game but Cooper81 is saying it will be airdrie 2 Brechin 0 ( and unlikely goalscorer)

Bet nobody saw Russell scoring from a penalty.

Really picking up at Airdrie now, level with Alloa now all be it having played a game more but still all the negativity surrounding the club hasn't affected results recently. 

I saw Brechin a couple weeks ago, and although we played very well that day I was surprised at how poor Brechin where, they looked much better in our first game. 

I stand by my prediction that I got hounded for that Livi, Alloa and Airdrie will be the top 3 teams, still early doors though ofcourse. 

16 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Had a 0-0 written all over it until the ref had a rush of blood to the head, was a terrible decision , we kept goin even after Pabz got sent off, probably the right decision but we have far to many injurys just now and it's starting to show , well done airdrie

Watch the highlights it was deliberate handball the ref got it spot on. Ally Love was actually very lucky not to be red carded as both Love and Fitzpatrick got involved in handbags only for Love to result in elbowing Fitzpatrick directly on the face. McLean was rash and dangerous with his challenge which was only ever going to result in a red card. Anytime a group of players  consistently surround the referee when they are not happy with a decision is embarrassing. Well done Airdrie..

Archived