Talbot v Beith

kenny131

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a lot to add to what's already been said, on chances created Beith had a good few in last 10 mins and forced leishman into excellent save and hit the post. 

But as said above draw was fair. 

Beith guys are being a bit kind to their team saying they were the better team second half. No doubt a vast improvement from first half because they simply never got a kick of the ball and 1-0 HT flattered them. Second half was pretty even with both teams having chances to win it. Beith did show why they are where they are with some good play second half. Very good game and Talbot DID play the ball effectively on the deck. Over all Talbot a tad unlucky today and should have taken all three points. Can I just add, the theatrics today by two or three Beith players was distasteful. Yes I know that all teams have players who dive from time to time but some of that today was truly cringworthy. Anyway, can see the title going to the wire. 

It would be good if there were two or three teams in the mix at the top of the table at the end of the season - my worry is that the excitement is spoiled by the usual fixture pile up - I know that it has all been said before but wouldn't it be great if we had a league where when we got to the end of the season there were at least two or three genuine title contenders with 2 or 3 points between them and about 3 games to go. 

Was that a pink flying farm animal I just saw go by ? 

10 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

That was basically the report I was given by a chap at the game.
He also stated the performance of the ref left a lot to be desired.
Big crowd Isa.......?

Ach, the ref bemused me today with some of the decisions, but that just seems to be par for the course. Decent crowd, Beith brought a support which wasn't bad at all. Was a right good game. Big Boyle is looking like he will be a right good centre half with a commanding no nonsense display. Talbot were different class first half but Beith did get their act together second half and do break fast. Talbot getting better as the season goes on and will be there about IMHO. 

10 minutes ago, Suilven said:

Sorry to labour a point but there's Glenafton and Pollok already played each other home and away it really is a joke.

And at the end of the season everyone will have played the exact same amount of games regardless...........

That was a great advert for our level. Talbots first half performance was the best football we have played for a while. Second half Beith were the best team, and could have nicked it at the end. Good to see McGoldrick back but Ross Harvey is unlucky to be dropped. We missed McCracken in beside White, would like to see Dylan Stevenston get an opportunity

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Beith guys are being a bit kind to their team saying they were the better team second half. No doubt a vast improvement from first half because they simply never got a kick of the ball and 1-0 HT flattered them. Second half was pretty even with both teams having chances to win it. Beith did show why they are where they are with some good play second half. Very good game and Talbot DID play the ball effectively on the deck. Over all Talbot a tad unlucky today and should have taken all three points. Can I just add, the theatrics today by two or three Beith players was distasteful. Yes I know that all teams have players who dive from time to time but some of that today was truly cringworthy. Anyway, can see the title going to the wire. 

Theatrics by beith players ? Seriously ? We had three players booked for their first tackles . 

Talbot players were going down very Easy for the free kick that lead to your goal amongst others, as said a draw was a fair reflection but beith were finishing far stronger , how many saves did our goalie have to make compared to your goalie ?

On 10/11/2016 at 19:49, Shanner said:

Will there be a ceremonial laying of the inaugural tollie by a local celebrity? 

Your invitation was posted 6 weeks ago.you were officially invited to say a few words at the opening.

That my friend would christen them at the same time.

Sorry,I couldn't hold it in any longer.  

19 minutes ago, beithboy said:

The Talbot fans views of games are shall we say unique.  

Unique and unrivaled.most fans can only dream of what Auchinleck have achieved.its been some viewing.

18 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

It's funny how people see things differently.
I was told Talbot played Beith off the park in the first half with second evenly matched.emoji1.png

Well what you were told is nonsense. Every other human being who attended the game said a draw was the fair result . End of , so please stop your petty remarks elsewhere . A draw was the fair result and let's move on . 

I am a Beith fan and I will tell you about today's game Talbot were far better team first half Beith by far the better team second half very hard physical game where a draw was a very fair result any Talbot fan on here or at the game says different is talking pish. f**k Kilbirnie you'll never win the league COTM

Archived