Talbot v Beith

kenny131

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, energyzone said:

What else do you need to do to get a licence?

I think you need to have clearly marked first aid points in the ground , possibly a recognised first Aider on your committee, a certain standard of committee numerical wise, turnstiles that allow for wheelchair users . 

I think although I'm not certain that floodlights are a requirement, the most basic requirement is a boundary wall hence harestanes & colville park both playing at Kilsyth and Benburb respectively. 

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

An here was me thinking that the Talbot lads on here thought the big Scottish was a hinderance emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Not at all but we have to edge our bets. We can't be like you lads winning the Scottish Cup every second year or winning the Premier division to enter it. Oh wait a minute!!!!

Not at all but we have to edge our bets. We can't be like you lads winning the Scottish Cup every second year or winning the Premier division to enter it. Oh wait a minute!!!!

It's hedge your bets [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. And as I say what's the point if you don't wanna play in it? Not my words but you's on here ,your forum & Facebook page after Beith pamped ye oot [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

It's hedge your bets [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. And as I say what's the point if you don't wanna play in it? Not my words but you's on here ,your forum & Facebook page after Beith pamped ye oot [emoji23][emoji106][emoji106]

Let's not be under any illusion here Beith are the boys of the moment. They are the current form team and have momentum.

But in our favour it is a home game and we are always slow at the beginning of the season but are now starting to look good again.

My prediction It'll probably be a draw but both teams can beat each other when on form.

1 hour ago, fan of the juniors said:

It's hedge your bets emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. And as I say what's the point if you don't wanna play in it? Not my words but you's on here ,your forum & Facebook page after Beith pamped ye oot emoji23.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

But we have to play in it because we either win the Scottish or the league or both. Also the club are quite happy to play in it because it raises a few bob. I think what you will find that the Talbot posters are a bit fed up with all the pre-lims as we used to go straight into the first round when Talbot first took part so the excitement has waned a bit. To finish what is pamped mean?

But we have to play in it because we either win the Scottish or the league or both. Also the club are quite happy to play in it because it raises a few bob. I think what you will find that the Talbot posters are a bit fed up with all the pre-lims as we used to go straight into the first round when Talbot first took part so the excitement has waned a bit. To finish what is pamped mean?

Pamped oot means put out with great ease.

Only at the wind up mate. Whilst some of your fans on here can be fuds of the highest order I have nothing but respect for what Talbot have done as a club .

3 hours ago, bawrash said:

You would think with the amount of people on invalidity benefits from Auchinleck that they would have had a disabled toilet installed way before now.

Take it your down at the RBS or Thomas Cook with the rest of Scumnock's finest picking up the free wi-fi to post this?

Beith have played Talbot 5 times in last 6 months 3 really tight draws all at bellsdale and 1 win a piece at beechwood the only defeat beith have had in 18 games this season was against Talbot I'd take a point now if offered but a win would make beith favourites for league but Auchinleck at the moment are quite rightly favourites after a wee blip at start of season they seem to be building momentum but it's a massive 2 games for them next 2 Saturdays and could define there season

Pollock game is the bigger game imo - if you lose that one you are out the cup, end of, where as either team can lose tomorrow and still win the league although a win for the Talbot puts them in a strong position as I think Beith will be in danger of having to play, and win, too many games at the end of the season in order to catch up.

Still think that there are at least one two other teams with a realistic chance of winning the league at this stage of the season.

Just pleased that we appear to be able to go to Beechwood these days with a realistic chance of getting a result.

22 hours ago, maicoman said:

Are yous hoping to get entered in to the Senior Scottish every year like Linlithgow?

You have to keep improving. In many ways Beechwood surpasses the ground entry requirements by some distance. It is logical to obtain a licence. One of the benefits being automatic entry into the big Scottish. However, first and foremost is having a ground that punters would want to come to, possibly attract more fans from a different demographic. Anyway, as some will no doubt tell us, it's a club licence and the ground is just a part of it.  

41 minutes ago, Quantum Leap said:

I don't think the game tomorrow will decide anything but I agree with your assessment that Beith could find themselves too many games in hand after exiting the Senior Scottish.
There is also the possibility of a drop in standard as we found our to our cost after losing 1-0 to Hearts in the 4th round.
We then lost the Junior cup final and had a lacklustre end to the season.

Same happened to us when we lost to Airdrie - hope it dosen't happen this time round - that is assuming we don't go on and win it :lol:

On 10/11/2016 at 11:09, Blackie Gold said:

New ladies, gents and disabled toilets open for the game on Saturday. Another feather in the building committee's cap and a step nearer the club license. Well done lads.

Will there be an opishial opening?

Same happened to us when we lost to Airdrie - hope it dosen't happen this time round - that is assuming we don't go on and win it[emoji38]

The airdrie game was a bit different as it took a couple of months to finish plus the squad this year is far better and they have a winning mentality beith are not far behind Talbot in games played in league rob roys pitch will hinder them winning league pollok have dropped a lot of points already and they have a massive game tmoro which if they lose or even draw it could be a long way back

Archived