Talbot v Beith

kenny131

51 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

We're just not as arrogant about it as certain posters in here from the small village

Have to say, Beith have got the act together both on and off the park, good luck you clearly have a well run club who are starting finally to get the locals interested, so looks good for the future. However, the above post is both arrogant and condescending, don't you think?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having lived in Auchinleck when they won the Scottish seeing the build up on the day and after the final I knew wat to expect if beith ever won it and wasn't disappointed even though I don't stay in beith now I seen the build up and the full day of the game maybe I'm biased as I'd say beith celebrated just that wee bit more but I suppose Talbot are used to it and had done it all before

12 hours ago, classof2010 said:

Having lived in Auchinleck when they won the Scottish seeing the build up on the day and after the final I knew wat to expect if beith ever won it and wasn't disappointed even though I don't stay in beith now I seen the build up and the full day of the game maybe I'm biased as I'd say beith celebrated just that wee bit more but I suppose Talbot are used to it and had done it all before

I drove through Beith just over a week before the cup final, was really surprised at the lack of decoration in the town, given it's the first time, I was quite surprised as it hardly illustrated cup fever. No doubt got better as the big day drew close but comparing this to Auchinleck, even their 11th time, was stark. As for 86, unbelievable!

9 hours ago, Quantum Leap said:

86 was incredible.
Memories that will live in my memory until the day I die.
I doubt we will ever see the streets,pubs, clubs, houses, schools, places of work and people of Auchinleck ever like that again.
People came from all over the place just to join in the party atmosphere.
Absolutely incredible and no town or village will ever match that atmosphere on winning the Junior cup.

Aye it was some day, some game, and some celebration. But, I actually think 88, three in a row, equaled it! 

Aye it was some day, some game, and some celebration. But, I actually think 88, three in a row, equaled it! 

Close but 88 can't match 86. Best ever feeling when the whole area came to see the team and cup.
Weather was great. The weeks leading to the cup final was buzzing.
The fact that we beat Pollok coming from 2 down at Hampden was the icing on the cake since it was the centenary final, Pollok favourites, media dissing Talbot as no match for the glesga boys. The fans there in force, the comeback, the lifting the cup, the coming home to seeing people from Mauchline,Catrine,Sorn and other nearby places turning out in mass force overflowing the main street to cheer the team was amazing fk it the whole months of May/June 86 was amazing.

I could go on but my rose tinted specs fell off[emoji41]

Ps. Beith/Pollok/Ladeside you may have won the cup and have great teams but you'll never experience days like that whatever you may think. I was there and have seen us win it another 9 times since but it can't match that period.

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

Close but 88 can't match 86. Best ever feeling when the whole area came to see the team and cup.
Weather was great. The weeks leading to the cup final was buzzing.
The fact that we beat Pollok coming from 2 down at Hampden was the icing on the cake since it was the centenary final, Pollok favourites, media dissing Talbot as no match for the glesga boys. The fans there in force, the comeback, the lifting the cup, the coming home to seeing people from Mauchline,Catrine,Sorn and other nearby places turning out in mass force overflowing the main street to cheer the team was amazing fk it the whole months of May/June 86 was amazing.

I could go on but my rose tinted specs fell offemoji41.png

Ps. Beith/Pollok/Ladeside you may have won the cup and have great teams but you'll never experience days like that whatever you may think. I was there and have seen us win it another 9 times since but it can't match that period.

They sound great but so did the old scottish teams of yester year.  Nothing like nostalgia. P.S  auchinleck you may have won the cup and the great OLD teams you used to HAVE but you,ll never experience days like the 2016 cup winners. I was there.

The tissues are already sent to beechwood for Monday morning to dry those eyes pollok 2 nil.

Best take those black n white tinted glasses off

They sound great but so did the old scottish teams of yester year.  Nothing like nostalgia. P.S  auchinleck you may have won the cup and the great OLD teams you used to HAVE but you,ll never experience days like the 2016 cup winners. I was there.

The tissues are already sent to beechwood for Monday morning to dry those eyes pollok 2 nil.

Best take those black n white tinted glasses off

Very true lol

I was there at your final my friend along with quite a few Talbot fans. Good day but not a patch on any Talbot finals especially 86. It was a very poor match.

But TBH though most finals are poor nowadays.

Ps. I hope to be still smiling on Monday [emoji41]

Archived