The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump says he's gonna focus on finding and deporting criminal aliens first, of which there are 3 million. Once we secure the border and get immigration law reformed we can talk about what happens to the rest. It's a reasonable compromise. It seems that he's filling his team with immigration hardliners, so I think he's going to do a good job on this issue.

I hope he also goes for targeted deportations of illegal immigrants who voted (estimated to be a couple million in this election), became political activists, and signed up for local ID cards offered by left wing local governments. It's one thing to come here, keep your head down, and try and earn a living for your family back in the 3rd world. I've worked with dozens and dozens of such people. It's another thing to try and tell us how to live and to try and get semi-legal status to compete with even more Americans for jobs.

Edited by Deplorable

My personal compromise on the non-criminal illegals here after criminals are deported and the border is secure: Let them stay with legal status but no chance of citizenship so they can't ever vote and can always be deported if they cause trouble. This can happen in exchange for an end to birthright citizenship, an end to family reunification as the driving force of our immigration system, and a decrease in legal, low-skilled immigration to match the number of people we are legalizing.

Trump said he'll deport illegal immigrants with a criminal record first, which he estimates is "probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million". He isn't saying he's deporting 3 million brown people and that's that.

He likely got the figure from a Department of Homeland Security Report which estimated immigrants with criminal records at 1.9 million, however that figure included legal, illegal and temporary immigrants. So the figure won't really be that high, most likely, although of course there are no reliable statistics on how many illegal immigrants commit crimes. Decent article from the Washington Post on the subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/13/donald-trump-plans-to-immediately-deport-2-to-3-million-undocumented-immigrants/

For what it's worth, personally I find it a little strange that you wouldn't deport an illegal immigrant when they're picked up for committing a crime. I must admit to ignorance though, I've no idea if the US are an outlier in that regard or if the same is true here. 

15 minutes ago, Paco said:

For what it's worth, personally I find it a little strange that you wouldn't deport an illegal immigrant when they're picked up for committing a crime. I must admit to ignorance though, I've no idea if the US are an outlier in that regard or if the same is true here. 

There are Democratic controlled cities and states all over the country that refuse to work with federal immigration authorities regarding deportation of convicted criminals as a matter of policy.

Our courts have ruled that you cannot hold an illegal immigrant criminal facing deportation indefinitely if their home country will not take them. So we just release them.

Trump is going to fix these two issues.

By the way, I had no idea about either policy until Trump started talking about them this election, and I'm a fairly informed fellow. This is just an example of how Trump is willing to bring up topics outside of what other politicians would mention.

11 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

There are Democratic controlled cities and states all over the country that refuse to work with federal immigration authorities regarding deportation of convicted criminals as a matter of policy.

Our courts have ruled that you cannot hold an illegal immigrant criminal facing deportation indefinitely if their home country will not take them. So we just release them.

Trump is going to fix these two issues.

By the way, I had no idea about either policy until Trump started talking about them this election, and I'm a fairly informed fellow. This is just an example of how Trump is willing to bring up topics outside of what other politicians would mention.

Pish.

2 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

I think you need to stay off the crazy SJW juice.

Trump is an idiot, but this scaremongering is helping no one, and is why we have moron snowflakes 'literally' shaking. 

What politicians say and do are vastly different things. Let's look back in 2 years time and see where we are, and how many 'millions' have been deported. 

^^^Said anyone who thought Cameron would keep his promise to hold a Brexit referendum was crazy.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I see that there's strong rumours John Bolton is going to be named Secretary of State.

Glad we've got away from war-mongering neo-cons.  Oh....

If I were doing the Security Council today, I'd have one permanent member, the United States, because that's the real reflection of the distribution of power in the world. All international laws are invalid, meaningless attempts to constrict American power. John Bolton 2000

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Trump said he'll deport illegal immigrants with a criminal record first, which he estimates is "probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million". He isn't saying he's deporting 3 million brown people and that's that.

He likely got the figure from a Department of Homeland Security Report which estimated immigrants with criminal records at 1.9 million, however that figure included legal, illegal and temporary immigrants. So the figure won't really be that high, most likely, although of course there are no reliable statistics on how many illegal immigrants commit crimes. Decent article from the Washington Post on the subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/13/donald-trump-plans-to-immediately-deport-2-to-3-million-undocumented-immigrants/

It's interesting how those with an agenda have spun this that he's literally going to have deportation squads patrolling the streets looking for brown people.

And yes, Obama deported more people than any US President in history. Something that's strangely forgotten in the crocodile tears and protests.

21 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What's wrong with deporting illegal immigrants who continually cause serious crime?
I would see myself as fairly liberal but deporting on these grounds makes complete sense

People who cause serious crime are dealt with by the courts, I'm not sure what's controversial about that.

People who cause serious crime are dealt with by the courts, I'm not sure what's controversial about that.

And then cost money to imprison, rehabilitate and most likely commit more crimes upon release. I'm pro immigration but deporting known criminals makes perfect sense.

Having a whirl through Trump's transition team and the one thing that becomes apparent is all that hogwash about draining the DC swamp was a load of swill. Packed to the gunnels with longtime lobbyists and political insiders. Trump and his cronies will end up troughers in exactly the same manner as the Clintons etc. The Americans are getting taken for a ride here. 

Edited by Consolidate

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Pish.

Does this slang mean you think I'm lying?

You don't think that Democratic local governments refuse to comply with federal agencies regarding deportation of criminal illegal aliens?

You don't think that certain countries refuse to take back their criminal citizens and that our government allows these foreign countries this option with no consequences?

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

And when they are done with the justice system and have served their time, you think it's a good idea that they be allowed to stay even if they originally entered the country illegally?

It's interesting how those with an agenda have spun this that he's literally going to have deportation squads patrolling the streets looking for brown people.

And yes, Obama deported more people than any US President in history. Something that's strangely forgotten in the crocodile tears and protests.

He was quite happy for it to be spun that way. His rhetoric was intentional and got the idiot vote.