The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

6.19 am Washington time. A message to the world from the Whitehouse.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/976765417908776963

The "Leader of the free world" there, essentially threatening to give a political opponent a shoeing over social media.

What a world. What a time to be alive.

Edited by J_Stewart

3 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

The "Leader of the free world" there, essentially threatening to give a political opponent a shoeing over social media.

What a world. What a time to be alive.

And let's be honest, trump has never had a fight in his life and would get the absolute fk kicked out of him by almost every adult male on the planet.

23 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

And let's be honest, trump has never had a fight in his life and would get the absolute fk kicked out of him by almost every adult male on the planet.

I have it on good authority that he would've stormed the Parkland school shooting with or without a gun so I'd rethink this opinion.

24 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

McMaster out, that fucking lunatic Bolton in.. 

We're all going to die.

Thought Trump was going to get rid of the neocons? He was too swivelled eyed even for the Bush mob.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought Trump was going to get rid of the neocons? He was too swivelled eyed even for the Bush mob.

From what I've read about him he'd nuke Iran tomorrow if given half a chance, and Trump seems keen to engineer some kind of conflict with them. Expect to see more talk of the US pulling out of the nuclear deal.

Just now, Zetterlund said:

From what I've read about him he'd nuke Iran tomorrow if given half a chance, and Trump seems keen to engineer some kind of conflict with them. Expect to see more talk of the US pulling out of the nuclear deal.

Time for the UK, Germany, Russia*, China, France and Iran to get together and tell Trump the deal is still on, whatever he does.

*a bit awkward but Russia and Iran are quite pally.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Time for the UK, Germany, Russia*, China, France and Iran to get together and tell Trump the deal is still on, whatever he does.

*a bit awkward but Russia and Iran are quite pally.

I'm sure this will happen, but as the equally insane warmonger Nikki Haley keeps saying, the US will take any action it needs to on its  own regardless of support from allies or the UN. 

32 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I'm sure this will happen, but as the equally insane warmonger Nikki Haley keeps saying, the US will take any action it needs to on its  own regardless of support from allies or the UN. 

There's three sides in the US on the Iran deal in the US. The hard core pro-Israelis who can't forget about Iran taking their Tehran embassy staff hostage, like Pompeo and Bolton, and a scary amount of people in Congress.There's pragmatists like Mattis, Tillerson and McMaster who realise that honouring an imperfect deal is far better than dumping it, especially as the other parties will likely keep it going. And there's Trump, who got to play sword dancing in Riyadh and got his face plastered all over the buildings and does whatever he's told by Bin Salman. Mattis will be next out of the door, replaced by Scaramucci no doubt. This isn't real, we're sharing a mad soap opera created by AD 3057 doctors to try and bring us back to consciousness slowly from fragments of early 21st century history. Hope they still have football.

P.S. One of the few things Trump has been consistent about is about wasting money and lives(not so much) on foreign wars. He was caught on a brief radio clip before the Iraq war saying maybe, but that's about it. If the rest of the partners to the Iran deal stay strong, and maybe make up to Iran some of the cost of the US backing out, then it might not be too bad. Airbus could pick up a few Boeing contracts for instance.

Edited by welshbairn