The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Yeah, it is strange. Also strange that there hasn't been any released CCTV footage of this man bringing in a large number of guns over a period of days.

He could have used the same bag each time. Nobody would have known what was inside and wouldn't have looked twice. A lot of these assault rifles fold up. I've never had my luggage checked at a hotel.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He could have used the same bag each time. Nobody would have known what was inside and wouldn't have looked twice. A lot of these assault rifles fold up. I've never had my luggage checked at a hotel.

Even if it was the same bag and you could put 3 rifles in the bag at a time, that is still more than 18 trips back and forth. 

I find it bizarre that this behavior would go unnoticed even if the bag contained something more innocent.

18 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Even if it was the same bag and you could put 3 rifles in the bag at a time, that is still more than 18 trips back and forth. 

I find it bizarre that this behavior would go unnoticed even if the bag contained something more innocent.

A few big cases the first day wouldn't be unusual. Then in and out with a golf bag. Piece of pish. 

P.S. According to Wiki he had 24 guns. The other ones were in his home.

Edited by welshbairn

Plus, wasn't he there for a week or something before the massacre? Even if it was 18 times back and forth, spread out over a number of days doesn't seem too much of a stretch. I had the jolly experience of staying at the Mandalay Bay for a conference the week after and the security seemed to extend to having guards at the elevators checking people had room passes. At no point did anyone check my or my co-workers bags. I'd like to think there were more covert measures that went unnoticed, otherwise if humphing a mini-arsenal up thirty floors seemed entirely plausible to me before I went, it was more so after.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Jagsfan said:

Did he get his room cleaned during his stay?

Did the maid not think 'What are all these guns doing stuffed under the bed?' or something?

Read something recently about how the "Do not disturb" sign is sacrosanct in the States. Somebody left her key in the room and left the sign on her door and didn't tell anyone she was checking out. They didn't check the room for a fortnight and billed her for the extra 14 nights.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Read something recently about how the "Do not disturb" sign is sacrosanct in the States. Somebody left her key in the room and left the sign on her door and didn't tell anyone she was checking out. They didn't check the room for a fortnight and billed her for the extra 14 nights.

So if somebody puts the sign on the door and then has a fatal heart attack during the night - it could be two weeks before anybody finds them.  Yikes!

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

In the United States?  Are you crazy?

Not really.  She would have thought it crazy, pulled them out from under bed, given each of them a clean and polish and then placed them properly lined up in the cupboard  along with a note saying "Hello, my name is Cindy, and I am the cleanliness facilitator for this floor.  Please contact me if you require anything!"

If that doesn't get a good tip - then I don't know.  

12 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

So if somebody puts the sign on the door and then has a fatal heart attack during the night - it could be two weeks before anybody finds them.  Yikes!

I'd rather that than getting interrupted 3 times in Kirkwall recently when I was trying to have a shower. Some idiot manager decided it would be more efficient to have one maid do the hoovering, one to change the beds and one to change the towels etc.

P.S. The poor girls are still probably trying to get over the trauma.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd rather that than getting interrupted 3 times in Kirkwall recently when I was trying to have a shower. Some idiot manager decided it would be more efficient to have one maid do the hoovering, one to change the beds and one to change the towels etc.

Flashing them a quick helicopter was a bit unnecessary tbh.

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm traumatised just reading it.  Post Traumatic Stress is the last thing I need in my life just now.  :(

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There's a lot of speculation that Wray will resign due to his views on the release of the Nunes memo being ignored.  I hope he doesn't.

Chris - don't know if you read P&B but if so don't resign.

Doubt it, the memo is getting ripped apart on US media. It falls on the fact that the FBI probe on Russian interference and possible contacts with the Trump campaign started months before requesting permission to tap Carter Page's phone. I think Page is probably a fantasist, but it's down to the judges who authorised the wire tap, not the FBI if the reasons were insufficient.