The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

5 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Telegraph saying his UK visit has been indefinitely postponed.

What kind of reprobate do you need to be that even the fucking Tories are holding their hands up shouting "woah there"?

There is still a large element of free speech and press freedom in the UK.  OK  the protesters would not get anywhere near him but the likely level of protest and press coverage would present an image that the WH would find difficult to spin.

Can't see his fragile ego wanting to deal with the obvious unpopularity.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Trump had one motivation for getting into office.

Making money.

FTFY

It’s not proven as easy as he thought with regards to his business interests but if he gets through his tax plan, particularly the inheritance tax bit, he will be well on his way.

30 minutes ago, Crossbill said:

Looks like Flynn has been flipped.  I imagine Kushner will be the next in line. 

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Mike Flynn has admitted lying to the Feds, in exchange for "flipping".  This can only mean Mueller is targeting higher echelons.  The only higher names in the administration would be Sessions or Trump himself.  

It would be fucking glorious and add immense enjoyment to the festive period.

Dear Santa....

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I doubt they'll ever get Trump. That presupposes that his campaign was a cohesive top down campaign orchestrated by Donny rather than the free-for-all every man in it for himself shambles that it really was.

The emoluments issues and obstruction of justice are enough to 'get' him, even if he had nothing to do with the Russia shambles, although it seems beyond coincidence that everyone he brought onto his campaign is neck deep in Russian money.

I will be surprised if they do and I think the desperation of Libs to take any vaguely critical voice of Trump including but not limited to Louise Mensch (seriously, she's a fucking lunatic) and Ben Shapiro (literally just a whiny moron) as indicative of that.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I will be surprised if they do and I think the desperation of Libs to take any vaguely critical voice of Trump including but not limited to Louise Mensch (seriously, she's a fucking lunatic) and Ben Shapiro (literally just a whiny moron) as indicative of that.

The weird thing is, though, that Louise Mensch has been pretty much ahead of the curve ball since inauguration day.  She overflows with hyperbole and insane nonsense, but she's also been on the money.  

There's every chance that Trump won't see out his first term.  That to me suggests they've got him, even if he quits in a fit of pique.  

ETA: If Flynn has told the Mueller Investigation what it's being reported he told them, namely that Trump ordered him pre-election to make an agreement with Russia, Trump's dead in the water.

Edited by Savage Henry

The weird thing is, though, that Louise Mensch has been pretty much ahead of the curve ball since inauguration day.  She overflows with hyperbole and insane nonsense, but she's also been on the money.  
There's every chance that Trump won't see out his first term.  That to me suggests they've got him, even if he quits in a fit of pique.  
ETA: If Flynn has told the Mueller Investigation what it's being reported he told them, namely that Trump ordered him pre-election to make an agreement with Russia, Trump's dead in the water.

I think Mensch has been on the money because she throws literally every mad thought she has out there so even a stopped clock. Remember this is the woman who thinks Trump and Bannon will be executed and that the founder of Zionism was an anti-Semite.

Just now, NotThePars said:

I think Mensch has been on the money because she throws literally every mad thought she has out there so even a stopped clock. Remember this is the woman who thinks Trump and Bannon will be executed and that the founder of Zionism was an anti-Semite.

Quite.  But she had Flynn flipping long before any of this evening's news broke.  There is someone with influence who trusts her, for whatever reason.