The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

What are the consequences for not paying it? I understand he can’t appeal until it’s lodged but other than that what happens? 

He can appeal without the bond, however his assets are no longer shielded from the judgement. It was never “necessary” to post the bond, it just prevents the State of New York (in the form of the NY DA) from starting to seize bank accounts and properties. The bond assures the Court that the judgement can be executed during the term of the appeal, and prevents the defendant from moving or hiding assets. In the case of an appeal failing, the bond is paid to the winning party as the judgement.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Currently stating that 30 underwriters were approached and all declined to underwrite his ($464,000,000…includes 10 bills for Eric and DonJ) bond. Signed statement from Trumps insurance broker says securing a bond for the full amount “is a practical impossibility.”

They’re down to arguing a bind isn’t necessary due to he value of Trump’s properties…

I thought he said he had the cash, eh?

Asset rich, cash poor? The git should thank his lucky stars that he doesn't have to pay Council Tax in Edinburgh. Big houses, nae dosh.

(Fekkin autocorrect tried to change the last two words to "name dish".)

From the FT report:

Trump said in a legal deposition last year that he had about $400mn in cash. Yet, since his company is private, his finances are unclear. Some of the documents published on Monday by Trump’s legal team show that Deutsche Bank, one of his top lenders, had made drastic downward adjustments to his stated net worth and liquid assets in its own credit reports.”

That last sentence is very revealing.

The biggest sign that he doesn't have $400M in cash would be the fact that he's stated he has $400M in cash.

The worry is that he someday acknowledges the existence of our universe and sends us all hurtling toward oblivion.

23 minutes ago, orfc said:

Hello, my name is Vladimir, I lend you plenty roubles yes? You just pose with nice lady with strap on for collateral, I wire it straight over

Russiagate was a hoax. The dems need to get new material. 

Edited by MazzyStar

2 hours ago, orfc said:

Hello, my name is Vladimir, I lend you plenty roubles yes? You just pose with nice lady with strap on for collateral, I wire it straight over

I'm really not surprised. A co-worker had his security clearance revoked because of a $50,000 loan that he was behind on paying. Any person with a clearance is viewed as a security risk if they can be compromised due to financial difficulties, and people with a history of missed payments or bankruptcy are routinely denied a clearance.