The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Categorically not Randy Giles.

Didn't think so tbh. You're a decent poster, Giles was an immature imbecile.

And in fairness, I've just visited the wrestling forum (that's where you will find Giles) and I have concluded that notthepars was referring to Mayor)

So apologies for my misunderstanding lads.

Didn't think so tbh. You're a decent poster, Giles was an immature imbecile.

And in fairness, I've just visited the wrestling forum (that's where you will find Giles) and I have concluded that notthepars was referring to Mayor)
So apologies for my misunderstanding lads.

Shucks! I like you too. [emoji848] Wrestling forum?

Strangely quiet in here for such a monumental day... :unsure2:

Waiting for your 'Progressive' MSM Trump-hate talking points?

EDIT: as if by magic! :lol:

Edited by banana

10 minutes ago, banana said:

Strangely quiet in here for such a monumental day... :unsure2:

Waiting for your 'Progressive' MSM Trump-hate talking points?

EDIT: as if by magic! :lol:

^^^ Kim Jung Un

Trump cancels join maneuvers with the ROK. Seems no one was consulted and its a huge loss of face for the US in Asia. Mutual defence of democracies is no longer a thing. The far right and far left will be delighted. 

36 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Trump cancels join maneuvers with the ROK. Seems no one was consulted and its a huge loss of face for the US in Asia. Mutual defence of democracies is no longer a thing. The far right and far left will be delighted. 

And the good people of Wisconsin will somehow interpret it as sticking it to the man and bringing back jobs.

Shut up loser.

Imagine in 2018 thinking “mutual defence of democracies” was the goal of the United States’s foreign policy.

25 minutes ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Their Trump Derangement Syndrome will kick in soon enough. Anyway, let's hope that this is the beginning of something good.

Well done President Trump!

lOUa079icj31zbXxl8fGEfzHODoEOzq5NE6dGTVGBGU.png.0d3c87f78bf1549db119395e1afc2977.png

Must been in with a good shout of the Nobel Peace Prize?

No matter how much I dislike the guy and think he's a total imbecile, no-one can deny that this meeting was a tremendous achievement, even if nothing was agreed. Simply meeting on cordial terms is something to be celebrated. 

What happens next is anyone's guess though. Hilary is probably kicking a cat somewhere.

The press conference was fascinating. Some interesting questions, even though they were relative softballs. I'd liked the journalists to push him further - he was evasive on human rights, tine scales and specific details. He played them well though, you have to give credit for that. 

So the US have given legitimacy to the Kim regime, provided them with a bizarre video of what North Korea could be like, endless footage for their state run TV to portray Kim as a global leader and the ending of war games for a woolly agreement that doesn't move forward from the meeting between Kim and Moon. 

Obviously it is important to engage hostile regimes and whilst this is a tentative step forward, it seems like very little has been gained other than the meeting itself and some vague assurances from DRPK regime. 

I'm sure the next couple of days will be split into cheerleaders saying he deserves the Nobel peace prize and at the other end calling him a fucking idiot but it's clearly much more nuanced than that. A step forward, but feels like more could have been achieved. 

No matter how much I dislike the guy and think he's a total imbecile, no-one can deny that this meeting was a tremendous achievement, even if nothing was agreed. Simply meeting on cordial terms is something to be celebrated. 
What happens next is anyone's guess though. Hilary is probably kicking a cat somewhere.

Was it though? As far as I can see the North Koreans are now a legitimate international actor, have given up precisely nothing, and America has lost all influence in the peninsula. Remember that everything announced so far has been a reaffirmation of long existing agreements.

It looks better from the point of view from the North and South Koreans, but all that’s happened otherwise is legitimacy for Kim.

It’s a coup for the North Koreans (and Korea at large you would hope) and likely to hammer US prestige and long term foreign policy commitments but that’s only if the US commit to “denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula” and what that genuinely means. Kudos to Kim realising what a lot of other people didn’t and that’s you can get Trump to agree to anything through pure flattery.

46 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

no-one can deny that this meeting was a tremendous achievement, even if nothing was agreed. Simply meeting on cordial terms is something to be celebrated. 

Its a huge blow to the US prestige. From Vladivostok to New Delhi everyone can see the US getting played like a fiddle by a lunatic that runs one of the most backward regimes on Earth. 

It could embolden hard liners across the region to push to see what they can get. There have been wars between India\Pakistan, India\China, China\Vietnam, China\USSR, over disputed borders and grievances, there are other very serious disputes over territory simmering away such as Taiwan not been under the Marxist boots of Beijing or various islands like the Spratly Islands, the Parcel Islandsand a huge amount of latent ethnic tensions. Its not the Balkans or the Middle East but it has lots of flash points between states that matter a damn site more than the ones in those regions. 

Remove predictability and it encourages the chancers. 

Edited by dorlomin

It doesn't hurt US prestige at all. If America decided tomorrow that they want to destroy every town and city in North Korea again they could do it just as easily as they did in the 1950s. That's what gives them prestige.

This is aimed at China. The USA flipped Ukraine to put pressure on Russia. They are trying to flip North Korea to put pressure on China. It's part of their encirclement tactic.

53 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Hopefully something good comes out of it, though that joint statement makes Carter and Clinton look like brutal hardened negotiators.