The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Donny making the bizarre move of denying accusations that nobody has made (and throwing in non-sequitur lines) this time lying outright about James Comey's testimony.  He's terrified of something.  I wonder what?

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

Quite an incredible claim by the PotUS...

All else aside there are surely defamation options that Comey could consider if these claims are inaccurate and, therefore, libellous.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

All else aside there are surely defamation options that Comey could consider if these claims are inaccurate and, therefore, libellous.

I can't believe that it's legally permissible for a sitting president to say that.  Given how many lies he's already spewed out, it doesn't seem like anyone holds him to account about his Twitter postings.

I can't believe that it's legally permissible for a sitting president to say that.  Given how many lies he's already spewed out, it doesn't seem like anyone holds him to account about his Twitter postings.

His twitter postings will be recorded in the national archives for future generations to cringe over.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What the f**k does he think will happen to the exchange rate if the US raises interest rates? Fucking moron.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/985858100149309441

Not sure I understand your commentary on this (apart from the Fucking moron part).  I took this to mean that it wasn't acceptable to be raising US rates when Russia and China are (allegedly) keeping their currencies artificially low.  As much a dig at the Fed as the other nations.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Not sure I understand your commentary on this (apart from the Fucking moron part).  I took this to mean that it wasn't acceptable to be raising US rates when Russia and China are (allegedly) keeping their currencies artificially low.  As much a dig at the Fed as the other nations.

You're probably right, missed the slagging off the Fed bit. It will be the opinion of the last person in the room, he'll probably swing 180 degrees tomorrow.

He literally appointed someone who favoured raising interest rates. And even then, he considered putting forward someone who wants rates three times higher than they currently are.

It's almost as if he doesn't know what he's talking about.