The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

36 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Can't see any potential issues with giving a stressed out teacher working in a severely underfunded environment a loaded firearm around a bunch of hormonal teenagers tbh.

They could use guns like teachers over here used to use the belt. It would do wonders for discipline. A grazing flesh wound for cheek, a bullet in the kneecap for disrupting the class and one in the head for forgetting your jotter.

He's certainly implying that ex-military service men and women make better teachers than, well, actual teachers.

Yes lets arm people who will in all likelihood suffer from PTSD in varying degrees and employ them in a highly stressful environment and trust them to make effective correct decisions about whether people should live or die.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

So, in terms of science fiction dystopias, which do we think ended up closest to the mark for the US under Trump. really thinking Verhoven's Robocop nailed it.

Depends upon how much time he gets, i'm pretty sure we would see a few including the "Biff's" future from Back to The Future 2, through to Robocop before ending up with something from Escape From LA.  

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

I hadn't realise he followed up that Tweet with a few others including this gem:

Can't see anything going wrong with that...

I've also posted in the Yet Another School Shooting thread without seeing this tweet, but if school shooters aren't put off by armed responses within 5 to 8 minutes then doesn't it show that they aren't interested in getting away with their crime without any punishment? They have to be pre-meditated and preparing the shooting to at least some extent, since they're taking firearms in to the school with the intent to kill, and what with the media coverage they'll be well aware that they'll be surrounded and identified as the shooter very quickly.

They aren't put off by dozens of armed-to-the-teeth officers arriving within a few minutes, why would they stop because a handful of teachers are carrying small firearms?

edit: what that tweet is suggesting strikes me as being extraordinarily reactive, rather than proactive. "Let's stop school shootings at the point that staff and pupils are already in imminent danger!"

Absolutely astounding.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

They will offer a 20% discount to all teachers buying automatic rifles and 25% discount to all teachers who piss on evolution.

Why is it always assumed that the good guy is always an excellent shooter?

The bad guy can fire at anyone because he doesn't care who he kills and he is perfectly willing to kill.

By comparison, the good guy will only want to shoot the bad guy and only if it means nobody else gets hurt.
In addition to which, they might not be psychologically able to shoot and kill somebody even if it is the shooter.
I certainly wouldn't trust myself to be that good a shot.

Imagine the interviews. They go through your qualifications and experience, and everything seems well. They see that you have the relevant teaching qualifications and have experience teaching kids at a few different schools.

Then they take you to the firing range

22 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Why is it always assumed that the good guy is always an excellent shooter?

The bad guy can fire at anyone because he doesn't care who he kills and he is perfectly willing to kill.

By comparison, the good guy will only want to shoot the bad guy and only if it means nobody else gets hurt.
In addition to which, they might not be psychologically able to shoot and kill somebody even if it is the shooter.
I certainly wouldn't trust myself to be that good a shot.

All the more reason to give them grenades too.  And shotguns.

3 hours ago, renton said:

So, in terms of science fiction dystopias, which do we think ended up closest to the mark for the US under Trump. really thinking Verhoven's Robocop nailed it.

I called this in another thread in 2015, although I might have been too optimistic with the timescale. America is absolutely fucked, with Trump a symptom rather than the cause.

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 21:34, Zetterlund said:

At the rate it's going, in another 10 years most of America will look like Detroit in Robocop.