The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

It's has to be a piss take. No saine person would think that was the answer.

He knows by playing the patriotic gun toting teacher or the retired PTSD heroic marine angle it will have his pro USA..USA..USA tub thumpers onside.  It was interesting when he asked how many of the audience supported his armed teachers only 2 or3  folk raised their hands.  The big question here is can the Florida students and the growing wider anti gun movement kids keep their cause gathering momentum. As they are more danger to him than opposition politicos.

Issuing teachers with guns would be madness.

I recall several instances at secondary school of teachers losing the rag and whacking a pupil with whatever came to hand. ( It wasn't always the culprit who got whacked )

One of my english teachers at school was Adam McNaughton who wrote and collected Glasgow street songs.

He wrote a song about belting kids the last line of which was  " Take the belt aff aw the teachers, issue every wan a gun "

41 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Jute said:
It's has to be a piss take. No saine person would think that was the answer.

It was one of the invited group that came up with this. Could have been a NRA plant

Trump brought it up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/21/donald-trump-solution-to-school-shootings-arm-teachers-with-guns

By the way, here's his empathy crib notes.

3475.jpg?w=780&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Embroidered cuffs incase he forgets which number president he is too. What a fanny.

Watched it live on sky news live around 10.10pm last night and the guy sitting to his left with the two daughters brought it up.

One of the things I find strange is that no one is calling for a complete ban on guns, or at least the type of limitations that we have in the U.K.  They all call for “gun control”.

Support for the type of control we have here, which effectively is a ban, may seem like a policy that would have zero chance of success but it may be a good position to adopt.  There would be valid arguments to support it and it has as much validity as any other position once you win the argument that the Second Amendment is irrelevant in the 21st century.

5. I hear you.

Imagine demonstrably stupid that you need a crib sheet with a reminder to show compassion. Now imagine that there is someone that idiotic and that they are the President of the US. Mind boggling.

ETA: Sky News have another image of the sheet which shows more of his notes.

https://news.sky.com/story/president-trumps-listening-session-cheat-sheet-i-hear-you-11261265

Edited by RiG

Someone needs to slip Trump a crib note admitting to his sexual assault charges and Russian collusion.  

He’s that thick he’d not only read it but he’d elaborate in that insincere, boastful way.  

“Yeah, I forced myself on her like no one has forced themselves on a woman before.  It was the greatest sexual assault ever”.

One of the things I find strange is that no one is calling for a complete ban on guns, or at least the type of limitations that we have in the U.K.  They all call for “gun control”.
Support for the type of control we have here, which effectively is a ban, may seem like a policy that would have zero chance of success but it may be a good position to adopt.  There would be valid arguments to support it and it has as much validity as any other position once you win the argument that the Second Amendment is irrelevant in the 21st century.

Too many and you already have militias forming over the most inconsequential shit. Propose taking the guns away and you’ll definitely have insurrection.

2 hours ago, bob the tank said:

The right to bear arms 1776 ....... Flintlock rifle, one ball ever two minutes.

The right to bear arms 2018 ....... AR-15, 600 rounds per minute.

How stupid does anyone have to be not to want to change this crazy law

If trained you could fire 3 to 4 rounds a minute with a musket but your point still stands.