The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

22 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

I have just had an interesting conversation with someone who said the president can pardon federal crimes but not state ones. Some of the charges being filed are being filed by states. I will hunt down and check if true

Think that's right, hopefully money laundering for Russian gangsters in Florida, or interfering with minors. Meanwhile, press secretary for the white house has to be one of the shittiest jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/20/sarah-sanders-offered-a-very-bad-defense-of-trumps-response-to-russia/?utm_term=.65ad4a0c5b37

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Think that's right, hopefully money laundering for Russian gangsters in Florida, or interfering with minors. Meanwhile, press secretary for the white house has to be one of the shittiest jobs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/20/sarah-sanders-offered-a-very-bad-defense-of-trumps-response-to-russia/?utm_term=.65ad4a0c5b37

It is correct.  However if Trump starts handing Federal pardons for obvious crimes then even a section of his support will abandon him.

I have no sympathy for Sarah Sanders; she’s a professional liar.

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/966321700588711936

Why did Trump send his nominated National Security Adviser over to the Russian Ambassador to undermine the sanctions Obama was instituting for that very reason?

Why did he fire the FBI Director who was partly responsible for overseeing the Russian investigation?    

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why did he fire the FBI Director who was partly responsible for overseeing the Russian investigation?    

Why, when he was receiving daily intelligence briefings, after the election and before his Presidency, did he continually say that Putin was a fine man and the Russians had done nothing? Or maybe it was the Chinese, or maybe it was a 400 pound man on a bed. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why, when he was receiving daily intelligence briefings, after the election and before his Presidency, did he continually say that Putin was a fine man and the Russians had done nothing?

Yip. He said that Putin denied Russian meddling and that he believed him.

Why, when he was receiving daily intelligence briefings, after the election and before his Presidency, did he continually say that Putin was a fine man and the Russians had done nothing? Or maybe it was the Chinese, or maybe it was a 400 pound man on a bed. 

Yip. He said that Putin denied Russian meddling and that he believed him.

You know lads, after the last few posts in this thread - and I may be alone in this - I’m not entirely sure the Trump administration is on the straight and level.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/21/manafort-mueller-charges-new-rick-gates-trump-investigation-fbi-latest

The special counsel investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin has stepped up pressure on the former campaign manager, Paul Manafort, by filing new sealed court charges against him.

Reuters saw a court record referring to the sealed charges, which were also directed against Rick Gates, Manafort’s former business associate, but the documents provided no details on the nature of the charges.

It was not clear if the charges involved alleged bank frauds the special counsel’s office referred to in a bail hearing for Manafort on Friday, in which he is said to have doctored profit and loss statements from his firm, in order to get a mortgage on a property in Virginia. NBC News reported on Wednesday that Manafort was being investigated for having allegedly promised a Chicago banker a job in the Trump White House in return for $16m in mortgages for properties in Virginia, New City and the Hamptons.

What do people want to happen if Trump is impeached and removed from office?

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!
-may give you an insight into my thoughts.
Id then look forward to the disclosure of evidence and him in an orange jump suit.
The ensuing twitter self destruction of his odious arsehole children would also please me.
Melania finding a much younger nicer man and a good role model for Barron would also make me smile.