The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Eventually, he's going to get his account suspended, and it'll be one of the funniest things of all time.

It would be brilliant if he got his account suspended.  He would them need to set up fake accounts then brag about them.

That would be appropriate as he invented the word “fake” don’t you know.

6 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The first house I bought was directly across the street from a black guy.

I hire black people at one of my jobs. 

I've rented to a black person at one of the rental properties I own.

Can't help but think there's a hint of underlying insecurity here, tbh

Outstanding kick-up-the-backside tweeting from President Trump, the tough but fair father figure the nation and its people desperately needs!

Unsurprising to see the reaction here so bizarrely out of touch with your average American.

8 minutes ago, banana said:

Outstanding kick-up-the-backside tweeting from President Trump, the tough but fair father figure the nation and its people desperately needs!

Unsurprising to see the reaction here so bizarrely out of touch with your average American.

What would you know about the average American? Anyway he/she thinks he's an idiot.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, considering more people voted for Hillary than Trump, and his approval ratings have dropped consistently since he won, it seems like it might be a bit of a reach to start talking for the average American? No?

fivethirtyeight :lol:

6Z9QQj3.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 19:04, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The bigger issue is the Hispanics and Asians buying into the narraParttive. Victimhood gives you social status in certain settings and potentially a leg up over other people. 

Not sure if it's a bigger issue considering blacks regularly vote ~90%+ for the Democrats, but yeah part of an 'oppressed minority', free victimhood points should you choose it.

Edited by banana

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Are you suggesting Hillary did not win the popular vote?

Is it your opinion that Donald Trump represents the views of the majority of Americans? Because I think you are talking absolute shite.

five...thirty...eight... :lol:

3 minutes ago, banana said:

Not sure if it's a bigger issue considering blacks regularly vote ~90%+ for the Democrats, but yeah part of the 'oppressed minority', free victimhood points should you choose it.

It's fine if we have a country with a minority group who explicitly organizes as a minority group first, but they are only 10% of the population. That country can still function as a nation state. If we have 50% of the country part of populations who organize based on various ethnicities then the US is over with. No way a continent sized country holds together under those circumstances. 

Black people can do whatever they want. Nothing we can do or should do about it. If we notice immigrant groups doing something we don't like we can shut off immigration.

21 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It's fine if we have a country with a minority group who explicitly organizes as a minority group first, but they are only 10% of the population. That country can still function as a nation state. If we have 50% of the country part of populations who organize based on various ethnicities then the US is over with. No way a continent sized country holds together under those circumstances. 

Black people can do whatever they want. Nothing we can do or should do about it. If we notice immigrant groups doing something we don't like we can shut off immigration.

Says the immigrant with not a hint of irony 

4 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Run the clock say 25 and 50 years under this scenario, what do you see happening?

I'd have some faith in the US to sort this by natural self-correction via the free exchange of ideas and knowledge (and goodwill), but there seems to be a by-design split created by identity politics that blocks much useful exchange. The facts, being inconvenient, can barely be acknowledged, never mind the causes or the solutions.

As far as I can tell, the US needs something new to rally around again to replace this divisiveness. There was 'The American Dream', 'Freedom and Liberty', and family, all of which have taken big hits in concept and in reality in the last half century. What's the next totem if not restrengthening these?

Edited by banana

4 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

33 minutes ago, banana said:

Run the clock say 25 and 50 years under this scenario, what do you see happening?

I'd have some faith in the US to sort this by natural self-correction via the free exchange of ideas and knowledge (and goodwill), but there seems to be a by-design split created by identity politics that blocks much useful exchange. The facts, being inconvenient, can barely be acknowledged, never mind the causes or the solutions.

As far as I can tell, the US needs something new to rally around again to replace this divisiveness. There was 'The American Dream', 'Freedom and Liberty', and family, all of which have taken big hits in concept and in reality in the last half century. What's the next totem if not restrengthening these?

Just get a room you two confused and conflicted "American" boys! One of you is probably from Greenock, Scotland, maybe now living in Texas, and the other is probably from a perfectly reasonable trailer park that he moved to when his wife or mother kicked him out, in a very nice part of America.  You really need to get together, although I don't think TPL is quite on message with Banana's women problem yet. Maybe start with pm's. Stay safe out there!

1 hour ago, banana said:

Dancing with the Stars?

2 hours ago, banana said:

As far as I can tell, the US needs something new to rally around again  to replace this divisiveness. There was 'The American Dream', 'Freedom and Liberty', and family, all of which have taken big hits in concept and in reality in the last half century. What's the next totem if not restrengthening these?

Same thing that happened with the Soviet Union, another attempt at a "proposition nation" on a massive scale.

A week or so back I was mocked for my suggestion that the census get rid of Hispanic as a racial/ethnic option.

Here's an article from The Hill about the attempts of a Cuban American Republican's attempt to join the Hispanic Congressional Congress. It gets into the weeds a bit with how this designation was created by the left, and some of the reasons why.

http://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/361359-democrats-do-no-good-when-they-kick-hispanic-republicans-to-curb

The Obama administration attempted to create another new official ethnic group, Middle Eastern, out of white. The goal is to create the cultural conditions for flight from white, which helps the modern left, rather than flight to white, which makes it more likely that people will view themselves as just "American." If you don't know, in previous generations Middle Eastern immigrants fought hard to be considered white, and won at the Supreme Court. Today their descendants are indistinguishable culturally from other white Americans. The most famous is probably the walking Texas stereotype, Johnny Manziel.

The newer immigrants from these same countries see a greater economic and cultural benefit in being separated from white America.