The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He moved from Kenya to Canada when he was 2 years old. I don't see any mention of living in Pakistan. There are other supporters asking what's wrong with a man in his 30's trying to "date" school children.

P.S. Correction. His family visited Pakistan when he was one year old.

Right, but he's not Gordie MacKenzie from Moose Scrotum, Saskatchewan. He's a first generation immigrant son of global businessman parents. He is of South African Indian / Pakistani origin. It's almost certain that he knows people who are in arranged marriages. Those two hosts are people who got where they are probably based on 45% who their parents were and 45% having a higher than average IQ. Maybe 10% of their own doing. They shouldn't be punching down on the small town lawyer who went to Troy University on a football scholarship. He was answering their question. There's no need to grandstand and yell at him.

I'm guessing they saw the same video Mr. Henry posted before they did the interview and had him marked out as a bigot. I'm also guessing that they've never met the type of conservative evangelical Christian who's as anti-racist as the most hardcore SJW, but who thinks any homosexual activity is a grave sin. It's not a type they run into. He seems like that type to me. They were probably looking for bigotry and missed that he might actually think the presenters diverse background really is neat.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Pretty sure paul was Greek. OK, Tarsus is in modern day Turkey but I think it was a Greek Town.

Paul was a Jew according to the Bible. I guess it depends on whether you would define a Jew who grew up in a Greek city as "Greek."

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

28 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Right, but he's not Gordie MacKenzie from Moose Scrotum, Saskatchewan  white.

Aye, poor Trenton Garmon was really just a down home boy dazzled by the big city lights and full of admiration for the diversity of races in the studio. Hired by a top Alabama judge and Senatorial candidate to represent him.  Glory be.

Edited by welshbairn

7 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Why is that bizarre? Right now the short term economic incentive for poor people with corrupt governments is to kill the animals, but not to maintain a stock for the future. If rich people want to pay to hunt the animals that changes the incentives.

Killing endangered animals generally isn't good for conservation.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, poor Trenton Garmon was really just a down home boy dazzled by the big city lights and full of admiration for the diversity of races in the studio. Hired by a top Alabama judge and Senatorial candidate to represent him.  Glory be.

You're the one who's bringing up white. The fact is that these hosts reacted like they just saw a lynching because he brought up a cultural difference that exists when asked why a man would seek permission to date an adult woman. They start yelling about "Canadian." What does where he grew up have to do with anything? He could be from Jamaica or Hong Kong or anywhere else and the fact would remain that he almost assuredly knows people in arranged marriages because of his cultural background. It's a weird tick that the left has where everyone is so diverse until there's even the hint that a negative stereotype might be creeping in (even if it's not meant to be negative) and then it's just "American," "Canadian," "British," etc. It's nonsense. And most people watching that clip know it's nonsense. The fact that the left is interpreting that exchange as bigoted on the lawyers part is hilarious.

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Killing endangered animals generally isn't good for conservation.

Right now a bunch of poor people in Africa have incentive to kill those animals and the local governments don't have their shit together enough to stop the killings or implement policies which would allow the animals to thrive. We can agree on that correct? Maybe an influx of money from rich hunters can get things working properly. 

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

Al Franken is going before the Senate Ethics Committee because he is accused of groping 2 women in the years before he was elected.
Fair enough.

Although groping women is enough to get a Senator expelled but it's OK for the President.

The Republicans to a man are vile. Utterly vile individuals.

Al Franken is going before the Senate Ethics Committee because he is accused of groping 2 women in the years before he was elected.
Fair enough.
Although groping women is enough to get a Senator expelled but it's OK for the President.
The Republicans to a man are vile. Utterly vile individuals.

Of course, Trump responds to a Roger Stone story, but still hasn’t said anything about Moore.

Quite simple: as the Petagon tweeted and the deleted, Moore should drop out, Franken should retire, and Trump should resign.

9 hours ago, mjw said:

Basically you can f**k anyone you want in Alabama if you ask mum first?
Because brown people have arranged marriages?

Uh no. Again, Mr. Moore's lawyer was asked why he would ask permission from parents before dating someone over 18. The implication being that this arrangement makes no sense to the lady asking the question. Mr. Moore's lawyer said that perhaps some people in Alabama in the 1970s had different courting rituals than the interviewer experienced. I've never known anyone to ask permission before asking a woman out. I would have thought that died out quite awhile before the 70s. But I wasn't alive during that time period. Why not let the man make his point? Instead she started yelling and switched to talking about 14 year olds. Either she can't control herself or she's a bully. I'm not sure which.

The law in Alabama states that you can f**k anyone with or without their parents permission once they reach age 16. That's fairly standard for US states, though some are stricter. Was just looking up the exact numbers. Interestingly, Canada just moved their age from 14 to 16 in 2008. Roy Moore should have looked into a change of country.

The brass neck of a man accused by 20 women of sexual assault, by his ex wife of rape and was caught on camera boasting about grabbing women having a go at someone else accused of sexual assault.

30% of the US population don’t care about common decency. They are on board with rape, misogyny, homophobia and racism. They really don’t seem to care that the wall was a lie, or that their president is in cahoots with the oligarchs. So long as the miners of Wisconsin can stick it to the East coast elites by, erm, giving them tax cuts.

Draining the swamp? Trump is the swamp. He became president with the sole intention of making things easier for the swamp.

His trick has been to pretend he’s a good old boy from Birmingham, Alabama. I doubt he’s ever met anyone from Birmingham, Alabama.