The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Banana wearing vast American ignorance and stupidity as some sort of a badge of honour for himself here is really quite strange behaviour.

The irony coming from you, ooft :lol:

I'm also not sure what you're referring to, you'll need to elaborate.

You think Trump's not hard working? Good lord, man, give yourself a shake.
Quite frightening how low CNN have fallen into fake news and bullshit that one needs to look to Fox Fucking News for some balance and break from the demented Narrative.

He plays a lot more golf than the black guy though.

That you ignored that part of the post is unsurprising given your 'demented narrative '

13 minutes ago, mjw said:

He plays a lot more golf than the black guy though.

That you ignored that part of the post is unsurprising given your 'demented narrative '

TBF he also thinks that there is an actual lottery / lucky dip to get into the US so he's not the brightest.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

This is an excellent piece, which explains the practical effects of the cult of Trump.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/08/donald-trump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

So, buried in this article about Johnstown, PA is the fact that two coal mines reopened, one more is about to reopen, and the unemployment rate has dropped 1%. The owner of the biggest manufacturing plant is planning on a 30% jump in business next year. I learned that overdose deaths rose from 58 to 94 in the last year of Obama's Presidency. They are on pace for no increase this year. 

I'm not sure what this author thinks Trump voters were expecting. Our industry has been hollowing out for decades. Everybody knows that any potential reversal will take decades. Does he think that people in Johnstown thought steel mills were going to sprout up in the first 9 months of Trumps Presidency. No, things in their town are getting a little better under Trump, as opposed to the continued collapse they would have expected under Clinton. Of course people like him. It's not a cult. It's fucking rational behavior. They see that he's attempted to do what he campaigned on. They see that low level judges and Republican politicians who worked against him during the campaign have blocked him. Sure, people are probably disappointed that he hasn't turned out to be more skilled at getting his stuff through, but if one random judge anywhere in the country can hold up a watered down version of one of his signature policies then there's not much that can be done.

This whole article was ridiculously out of touch with the people being interviewed.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

11 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

In 1970 1 in 100 Virginians was a foreigner. Today it's 1 in 8 or 1 in 9. The Virginia that existed in 1970 is under a foreign occupied government, the same if they'd been militarily conquered.

th03.png.f413970666ba3c94dd8b49b9479cf030.png

Foreign born nationals in Virginia are around 11 % of population. For comparison, the US as a whole is around 14 % and the UK is 13 %. A few extra Latinos in your area does not mean you're under occupation m8.

For someone who repeatedly criticises the left's use of identity politics, you don't half spend some amount of time posting about ethnic and racial demographics.

th05.png.a9da5b06b21b8f96058d7f852a8abd96.png

What a load of shite the US Constitution is. They just make amendments when they don't like something. Pointless pish that insane morons revere as some sort of sacred document and some divine right.

What a load of shite the US Constitution is. They just make amendments when they don't like something. Pointless pish that insane morons revere as some sort of sacred document and some divine right.

There have been fewer than 30 amendments in the last 200-odd years. Those amendments have outlawed slavery, outlawed segregation and given women the vote.

Of all the things to hate about America, the constitution is a strange one to pick.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There have been fewer than 30 amendments in the last 200-odd years. Those amendments have outlawed slavery, outlawed segregation and given women the vote.

Of all the things to hate about America, the constitution is a strange one to pick.

I don't hate it or America. I said it's a load of shite.

Perhaps it's been mentioned elsewhere but if TPL isn't an alias, how does an American born, bred, living and working over there, find their way onto a Scottish football forum and onto, specifically, the politics forum?

Think you’ve answered your own question.

Perhaps it's been mentioned elsewhere but if TPL isn't an alias, how does an American born, bred, living and working over there, find their way onto a Scottish football forum and onto, specifically, the politics forum?

Rangers.
Or that's what Yank Mike claimed.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't hate it or America. I said it's a load of shite.

I'm quite relieved they follow the constitution almost religiously, otherwise the checks on Trump wouldn't have happened. Nearly everything he's tried to do has been blocked by the separation of powers.

Judge Roy Moore is a Tedi.

Its OK....
This defense of Roy Moore from AL state Auditor Jim Ziegler:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

...because bible.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-state-auditor-defends-roy-moore-against-sexual-allegations-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217

Edited by welshbairn

I'm not really sure the stories about the three girls 16-18 are that big a deal given the time and where he's from. The late 70s would have been right around the time that would have been becoming weird in a place like north Alabama I'd assume. Certainly borderline behavior under any cultural circumstances, but not way outside the lines I'd imagine. And that's especially true if he had a conservative Christian conception of dating and marriage. When I was growing up it wasn't unusual for my friends parents to have a mom that was 17 or 18 years older and a dad who was around 10 years older than that. In fact, my parents being both in their 30s when they had me as their first kid was way odder. I guess the Wash Post is trying to give context to the idea that he may have liked them young, but 14 is way different. I'm sure both the left and right media will be all over this. Hopefully we get any more information that has to come out before voting day.

Anyways,
[IMG]

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

th03.png.f413970666ba3c94dd8b49b9479cf030.png

Foreign born nationals in Virginia are around 11 % of population. For comparison, the US as a whole is around 14 % and the UK is 13 %. A few extra Latinos in your area does not mean you're under occupation m8.

For someone who repeatedly criticises the left's use of identity politics, you don't half spend some amount of time posting about ethnic and racial demographics.

th05.png.a9da5b06b21b8f96058d7f852a8abd96.png

Add in the number of people who are the children of immigrants to that number. Look at the change in voting demographics that's happened in the state over the past 40 years, and especially over the past 20 years.

And I'm not forgetting the Yankee occupation of Northern Virginia with the explosive growth of the federal government as a factor. I saw Jerry Falwell Jr was saying that we should expand  the District of Columbia to include the counties around. The reason the Founders created the federal district was that government employees shouldn't have a say in local Maryland politics. Maybe it could be done as part of a plan to give DC statehood. The end result politically would be a blue state of Columbia, Virginia would return to red, and Maryland would become purple. Or maybe RoVA can just declare independence from NoVA. I'm sure you all would support that.

I think identity politics is natural, which is why multiculturalism should be avoided. I advocate identity politics for people who support traditional America as a way to shut off immigration and assimilate the newcomers if possible. Then politics outside of black vs white will return to normal and healthy democratic politics. It worked last time we got too many immigrants and I advocate trying it again.