The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That reminds me of the time we watched the County vs Falkirk game at the Hanoi Hilton with John McCain.  

In your case that's probably true. Can think of worse people to share a pint with, separate glasses no straws mind.

12 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I'd suggest watching this whole thing. Very informative, no matter what you think of me or my politics. John Kelly, who lost a son in combat, explains exactly what happens for the family in this event.

He says he's the one who told Trump that Obama did not always call families. He said it was a neutral observation and recommended that Trump not call. When Trump decided to call he followed Kelly's advice on what to say. Kelly said that when his son died it helped to hear his best friend say that his son was doing exactly what he wanted to be doing and knew exactly what he was getting into. He says that he's stunned and brokenhearted to hear a member of Congress play politics with a soldiers death.

It's flooring the position that Savage Henry is taking after seeing this video. It seems very genuine and moving.

The bit about things that used to be sacred could only be seen as a direct criticism of Trump.

President Donald Trump tweeted an erroneous claim that was nearly identical to an on-screen graphic that has repeatedly aired on the racist, conspiracy-mongering One America News Network (OANN) that falsely linked crime in the United Kingdom to “radical Islamic terror.”

In a segment airing at 6:25 a.m., OANN ran a chyron which read, “Report: U.K. Crime Rises 13% Annually Amid Spread Of Radical Islamic Terror.”

Trump sent his tweet at 6.31am.

He's just signed an Executive Order meaning that anyone who's retired from military life can be drafted back into military service.

Muchos speculation that this is for either a) a possible war in Niger / North Korea, or b) so that he is effectively immune from criticism from anyone who's ever served, as they're now subject again to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.

22 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Large portions of the American public was forced to flee from their homes to avoid foreigners.

Oh no!

Presumably they sought asylum in other countries that didn't force them to have to interact with foreigners?

Won't someone think of the children!

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I will bow to your experience of this, Swamps. Although I suggest you read this story: http://producer.csi.edu/cdraney/archive-courses/summer06/engl278/e-texts/oconner_revelation.pdf

I read it. What was I supposed to get out of this? 

I've vaguely heard of this author. Think she might be the type who gets assigned for English class in some high schools, but not mine.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The bit about things that used to be sacred could only be seen as a direct criticism of Trump.

I think he was referring to the Weinstein scandal when talking about women. He mentions "this last week" or something like that if I remember correctly. When talking about the Gold Star families, I'm unsure if he was criticizing Trump for firing back at that Muslim family from the Democrat Convention, or if he was criticizing the Democrats for using a Gold Star family to promote a partisan agenda in the first place.

11 hours ago, mjw said:

President Donald Trump tweeted an erroneous claim that was nearly identical to an on-screen graphic that has repeatedly aired on the racist, conspiracy-mongering One America News Network (OANN) that falsely linked crime in the United Kingdom to “radical Islamic terror.”

In a segment airing at 6:25 a.m., OANN ran a chyron which read, “Report: U.K. Crime Rises 13% Annually Amid Spread Of Radical Islamic Terror.”

Trump sent his tweet at 6.31am.

The crime rates of Muslims in the UK vs society as a whole would be relevant since he advocated for a Muslim immigration ban in his campaign. I'm not sure what the numbers are over there. 

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

3 hours ago, MrSpikey said:

Oh no!

Presumably they sought asylum in other countries that didn't force them to have to interact with foreigners?

Won't someone think of the children!

Moved west behind the pioneers. Increased suburbanization this time around, along with some of the best areas of the country experiencing mass emigration of natives. 

CA_Migration_v2_101-01.png

Immigration isn't the only issue. High taxes, green policies, and lack of 360 degree growth potential of most cities act along with immigration to drive up the cost of living for working and middle class families. The role of immigrant voters in allowing these policies to be enacted shouldn't be ignored, in addition to their driving down working class wages, taking up valuable space, and decreasing the value of public services like schools. Of course this is happening at the same time as global capital is flowing into California and fleeing other parts of the country.

A nations immigration system should be designed the benefit the people in the country already. If there's a trend of native born people fleeing areas in the face of mass immigration then that should be taken into account. 

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

He's just signed an Executive Order meaning that anyone who's retired from military life can be drafted back into military service.

Muchos speculation that this is for either a) a possible war in Niger / North Korea, or b) so that he is effectively immune from criticism from anyone who's ever served, as they're now subject again to the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.

Pretty fly, he'll call up Mike Flynn and send him on patrol in Niger.

Gotta love the freedom of speech...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41688999

A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel.

Gotta love the freedom of speech...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41688999
A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel.

Mental. 'We will only help you if you agree with my politics.' I've little sympathy with the BDS movement but to deny people aid unless they subscribe to a certain viewpoint seems ludicrous.