The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

11 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

He is quoted many times that he thinks that gays can be and should be cured.

Ffs do a bit of reading instead of just listening to the politics for dummies that Trump comes out with.

Ok, I'll skip to the chase. The only quote you'll find is a misinterpreted statement from an old Congressional campaign. He never mentioned gay conversion therapy, and specifically denied that's what he was talking about when that interpretation surfaced. His website did reference changing sexual behavior of at risk groups in reference to organizations which would receive federal HIV / AIDS funding. Gay people are perfectly capable of healthy sex lives that do not put themselves at greatly increased risk for HIV / AIDS. Many gay groups receiving federal money do promote free love and promiscuity. Nothing wrong with wanting to direct taxpayer dollars away from groups like that.

10 minutes ago, KarlMarx said:

Is Trump grabbing pussies part of your family values?

No. Trump obviously has poor family values in this way. But he's also not going to use the government in a campaign against family values, which is the relevant position that when deciding who should be President.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

5 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Ok, I'll skip to the chase. The only quote you'll find is a misinterpreted statement from an old Congressional campaign. He never mentioned gay conversion therapy, and specifically denied that's what he was talking about when that interpretation surfaced. His website did reference changing sexual behavior of at risk groups in reference to organizations which would receive federal HIV / AIDS funding. Gay people are perfectly capable of healthy sex lives that do not put themselves at greatly increased risk for HIV / AIDS. Many gay groups receiving federal money do promote free love and promiscuity. Nothing wrong with wanting to direct taxpayer dollars away from groups like that.

No. Trump obviously has poor family values in this way. But he's also not going to use the government in a campaign against family values, which is the relevant position that when deciding who should be President.

You can't debate with an idiot.

You support Trump therefore you are an idiot.

Trump speaks like a 5 year old who has just had has toys stolen.

I always thought Americans were a bit stupid and electing a clown like Trump just confirmed this for me.

Thanks for choosing a clown with no clue with the power to end the world.

Edited by KarlMarx

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/20/samantha-power-sought-to-unmask-americans-on-almost-daily-basis-sources-say.html

Obama's ambassador to the UN sought to unmask the redacted names of Americans in foreign intelligence reports at a nearly one per day clip, all the way up until Trump's inauguration. You are only supposed to make this request if it directly relates to your responsibilities and you are unable to understand the context of the intelligence without the names. Weird that the UN ambassador would be so involved in intelligence operations. The norm for unmasking requests from previous UN ambassadors was in the low double digits, not the hundreds.

Here's is James Clapper, the Director of National Intelligence under Obama, lying about wiretaps not existing on the Trump campaign. Not surprising because WikiLeaks exposed him for lying to Congress about the extent of intelligence gathering on American citizens. Remember, this is one of the key guys pushing the Trump - Russia collusion narrative. We now know he's willing to lie to the press about Trump. Very interesting.

5 hours ago, KarlMarx said:

You can't debate with an idiot.

You support Trump therefore you are an idiot.

Trump speaks like a 5 year old who has just had has toys stolen.

I always thought Americans were a bit stupid and electing a clown like Trump just confirmed this for me.

Thanks for choosing a clown with no clue with the power to end the world.

That would have more validity if you hadn't spent the last page debating with him.  Just ignore the c**t in future.

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There is no debating on here.
It's just people Googling stuff, posting newspaper articles and calling people morons.

At this point, anyone still on board the Trump train is either trolling, or perfectly okay with racism, misogyny and rampant corruption.  

There's plenty of good, insightful analysis in this thread - once you put the usual infowars lot on ignore.   Yes, it becomes a "liberal" echo chamber at times, but that's purely because there is no defence for Trump that holds any water.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

There is no debating on here.
It's just people Googling stuff, posting newspaper articles and calling people morons.

I remember you saying that Brexit is likely to be far more damaging than Trump's 4 years. You're probably right. With Trump the downside is existential though.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember you saying that Brexit is likely to be far more damaging than Trump's 4 years. You're probably right. With Trump the downside is existential though.

It totally amazes me that the working classes voted for brexit and Trump when both are set up to f**k over the working class.

We will never learn it seems.

23 hours ago, HTG said:

Rouhani came across as a beacon of common sense at the UN today - certainly when measured against that fucking halfwit and his finger/thumb thing yesterday. 

If you were an alien who fancied settling on Earth, and came to the UN to listen to world leaders to decide on the best place to live, you'd probably consider the likes of Iran or Bolivia. The US would sound like an utter basket case listening to the likes of Trump and Nikki Haley.

15 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Considering conservatives want interference in people's lives to f**k, they don't half like interfering in people's lives.

Where have I ever suggested I want the government to interfere in people fucking lives? I'm pretty sure only the Democrats officially advocate a policy which interferes in the fucking lives of gay people.

I will say it's interesting that I proved Karl Marx once again has no idea what he's talking about, and then the name calling starts. He could have apologized for being mistaken and suggested that Mike Pence may have been trying to dog whistle to conservative Christians without explicitly mentioning gay conversion therapy.  

Another reminder that you all are the crazy folks and I am of the majority opinion.

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2017-09/Global %40dvisor_Immigration_Slides - US Deck FINAL.pdf

IpsosGlobalImmigrationPoll2017NotPositiv

Interesting to see the mass change in opinion in both the US and UK lately. It's almost as if opinion on immigration is about status, rather than a thought out opinion based in reality.

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Where have I ever suggested I want the government to interfere in people fucking lives? I'm pretty sure only the Democrats officially advocate a policy which interferes in the fucking lives of gay people.

I will say it's interesting that I proved Karl Marx once again has no idea what he's talking about, and then the name calling starts. He could have apologized for being mistaken and suggested that Mike Pence may have been trying to dog whistle to conservative Christians without explicitly mentioning gay conversion therapy.  

Where did you prove me wrong my fake American thicko?

You are almost as stupid as Trump with his distinct lack of knowledge of the world.

Pence and Trump are bigots against everybody who isnt a W.A.S.P.

Look into Trump's bullying tqctics in Aberdeen to get his own way.

He isn't fit to run a hotel never mind a country.

I will never apologise to a thick fucking racist bigot Trump supporting arsehole like you.