The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Here's the new Hank Jr. Monday Night Football intro. Unfortunately, they included Florida Georgia Line and some autotuned rapper, but that "Are You Ready For Some Footbaw!!!" hook was still as great as I remember from when I was 7. Great to again live in a country where you can call the President Hitler without our corporate overlords throwing a fit.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

The Fox NFL theme, however, is up there with the likes of Grandstand and Ski Sunday in the all-time greats.

That's how you do it properly

The nation that brought us Copeland, Gershwin, Davis and Zappa should aim higher than a twat in a hat who's only got where he is because of his dad's success

I'm sure having that name got him noticed and a foot in the door, but the guy is one of the most popular country music artists of the past 40 years. You don't get that just based on a name. All three Hank Williams' are great. 

I was reading a couple articles recounting his firing at ESPN, and I forgot how funny the whole thing was. Here's an actual quote from the Anti-Defamation League calling for his firing: "The Holocaust was a singular event in human history, and it is an insult to the memory of the millions who died as a result of Hitler's plan of mass extermination to compare the Nazi dictator to any American president. Hank Williams Jr. should know better. He owes an apology to Holocaust survivors, their families, and the brave American soldiers who gave of themselves to fight the Nazi menace during World War II. The last thing we need is to enter another election cycle on a sour note tainted with inappropriate, tired and over the top analogies to the Nazis." :lol::lol::lol::lol: It's like these people have no shame. 

Hank Jr. responded to his firing with a No, I Quit letter. "I have made MY decision. By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, you stepped on the toes of the First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore me, my song, and all my rowdy friends are OUT OF HERE." He then went on stage at a concert and said: "We've got a Muslim President who hates farming, hates the military, hates the United States, and we hate him!" :lol:

I can't really say I've heard much of Hank Williams Jr, but that song is just brutal, and the autotune all over it is clearly doing us all a service.

If he's really a "birther", I'm amazed ESPN touch him with a barge pole.  

Edited by Savage Henry

7 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Just so we're clear. If you still even read a post from Swampy let alone respond to it, you're thick as f**k.

The bigger question is why the c**t hasn't been emptied. He's clearly trying to get emptied and just seeing how far he has to go before the trigger gets pulled. @tynieness - get a fuckin grip here. 

8 hours ago, HTG said:

The bigger question is why the c**t hasn't been emptied. He's clearly trying to get emptied and just seeing how far he has to go before the trigger gets pulled. @tynieness - get a fuckin grip here. 

Actually the bigger question is why do folk encourage him by responding to his posts.  It's a conscious choice that otherwise sensible posters on are making.  They enable him then express faux outrage.

19 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I can't really say I've heard much of Hank Williams Jr, but that song is just brutal, and the autotune all over it is clearly doing us all a service.

If he's really a "birther", I'm amazed ESPN touch him with a barge pole.  

Most played songs on the radio are A Country Boy Can Survive, Family Tradition, If the South Would Have Won, and All My Rowdy Friends.

Personal favorites outside of the main radio songs are OD'd in Denver and If Heaven Ain't a lot Like Dixie.

Hank III is great as well.

39 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Astonishing banter from Trump to now shack up with the Democrats.

If he doesn't cause the end of the world then we can all thank him for some solid, solid trolling at the end of his term.

He's certainly showing the good folks of Pennsylvania how to stick it to the man and drain the swamp.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Astonishing banter from Trump to now shack up with the Democrats.

If he doesn't cause the end of the world then we can all thank him for some solid, solid trolling at the end of his term.

:lol:

The narrative about him being impeached by March, April, May seems to have finally abated. As has the Russia narrative. The white supremacist nazi narrative seems to have peaked and will also lose traction.

Two questions:

1. How much propaganda do you need to see fall by the wayside before you conclude that perhaps you've been had to a large extent?

2. The End of the World narrative has been run for ~18 months now. How long do you give it until he causes the end of the world, and how exactly is it going to happen?

9 minutes ago, banana said:

:lol:

The narrative about him being impeached by March, April, May seems to have finally abated. As has the Russia narrative. The white supremacist nazi narrative seems to have peaked and will also lose traction.

Two questions:

1. How much propaganda do you need to see fall by the wayside before you conclude that perhaps you've been had to a large extent?

2. The End of the World narrative has been run for ~18 months now. How long do you give it until he causes the end of the world, and how exactly is it going to happen?

That's the post of someone who just looked up the word "narrative" on dictionary.com. 

Lollary blames white women for her loss, complaining that they are weak-minded and easy to manipulate by others... while herself depending enormously on this manipulation in her own Woman Card -based campaign. Bemoans some identity-based polling numbers. Vile career politicianing, cares nowt about the electorate, only their vote. (44:51)

Edited by banana

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

That's the post of someone who just looked up the word "narrative" on dictionary.com. 

That's fascinating stuff, but how exactly is this End of the World going to happen? On what timeline? When it doesn't happen, will you allow yourself to admit you've been had?

2 minutes ago, banana said:

That's fascinating stuff, but how exactly is this End of the World going to happen? On what timeline? When it doesn't happen, will you allow yourself to admit you've been had?

I don't think Trump will cause the end of the world.  It wasn't a serious post.