The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

There was a group at a rally waving Nazi flags, chanting racist and anti-semitic slogans, one of whom drove a car into a car and murdered a young woman, and a significant minority of Americans are arguing about whether they were the baddies or not.

Two years ago that would have been an unimaginable scenario. It's frightening how tribal politics is becoming.

image.jpeg.81943dfbb79cf78e7afa197d76214548.jpegimage.jpeg.02cd7fd39520a7c9ec885ec6b1672921.jpeg
I would have hoped the poll results would be more damning but maybe that's unrealistic.
I'd like to know the thought process of these 10% Democrats though.

There is a group of liberals/people on the moderate left who seem to think that the way to deal with any issue is through compromise and negotiation. That suspect that persecuted people's do bring it upon themselves and I think that group will hear the 'violence on both sides' line and it will resonate as they will be as concerned about 'their' side resorting to violence as they are the new-Nazis. They are the ones whose response to watching Richard Spencer get punched was 'I disagree with him but we shouldn't resort to violence' rather than the proper response of 'A Nazi got punched, that's brilliant.'

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

There is a group of liberals/people on the moderate left who seem to think that the way to deal with any issue is through compromise and negotiation. That suspect that persecuted people's do bring it upon themselves and I think that group will hear the 'violence on both sides' line and it will resonate as they will be as concerned about 'their' side resorting to violence as they are the new-Nazis. They are the ones whose response to watching Richard Spencer get punched was 'I disagree with him but we shouldn't resort to violence' rather than the proper response of 'A Nazi got punched, that's brilliant.'

You are correct, although I very much wish you weren't. 

In the days and weeks immediately following the election it was infuriating to see the amount of self-flagellation going on among the liberals. "Yes, it's our fault he was elected." "People voted for him because we were shutting them out of the process." "We need to do a better job of listening to the people on the other side."

Well, I've listened to what the "other side" have to say and it fucking stinks. So f**k that shit.

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

You are correct, although I very much wish you weren't. 

In the days and weeks immediately following the election it was infuriating to see the amount of self-flagellation going on among the liberals. "Yes, it's our fault he was elected." "People voted for him because we were shutting them out of the process." "We need to do a better job of listening to the people on the other side."

Well, I've listened to what the "other side" have to say and it fucking stinks. So f**k that shit.

Yeah. I'm seeing a lot of right wing bloggers and social media types sobbing like babies at the moment. The left won't disavow antifa they cry.

Don't they realise that's because the entire planet enjoys watching them get their c***s kicked in?

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

I hope the left doesn't get "goaded" into pulling down statues of 19th and 18th century figures who behaved badly according to current mores, and anyone with an ounce of sense. But it's a deliberate fishing strategy from the fascists that will only help them. That's why Trump is pumping up the issue.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I hope the left doesn't get "goaded" into pulling down statues of 19th and 18th century figures who behaved badly according to current mores, and anyone with an ounce of sense. But it's a deliberate fishing strategy from the fascists that will only help them. That's why Trump is pumping up the issue.

Could put a traffic cone on the statue's head.

Just now, Glenconner said:

Could put a traffic cone on the statue's head.

Aye, did that in Aberdeen on Queen Victoria. Front page photo on Press and Journal who said it must have been students with a ladder. Just me and my mate on the way back from the pub.

The statues belong in a museum. It's no coincidence that the majority of courthouse monuments were constructed during Jim Crow, or school monuments constructed during Brown V Board of Education.

It's not rewriting history, the history is already written.

The bad guys lost.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The statues belong in a museum. It's no coincidence that the majority of courthouse monuments were constructed during Jim Crow, or school monuments constructed during Brown V Board of Education.

The bad guys lost.

They lost but it was 4-3.

100 years worth of Jim Crowe laws rather than a one way ticket back across the Atlantic and the land handed over to the ex slaves and what was left of the natives.

9 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

The swastika was/is a symbol of peace in the Hindu religion.  The nazis stole it for their own use.  A bit ironic really.

Yeah.  They took one look at something like this and said "Hey that will scare the shit out of anyone"

Swastika.jpg

Swastika 2.jpg

5 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The bad guys lost.

The slave owning General won the War.  The commander who bought then educated and released slaves died before the end of the war. 

What next Mount Rushmore? The disbandment of the Democrat Party? The burning of the $ Bills?

This. And guess what Nancy Pelosi has just called for? Instead of calling Trump out on the "very fine folk" racism, she's calling for all the statues to be removed from the Capitol. Exactly what you are warning against.