The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

16 hours ago, HTG said:

Baxter, you are taking the piss here eh?  Clinton lost to a fucking nutcase. Obama won 2 terms and overcame the very prejudices Trump  won with. Name of f**k. 

So you're saying she was the better candidate, right?  The received wisdom now is that Clinton was an uninspiring candidate and deserved to lose (against a fucking nutcase!) the received wisdom before the election was that she would win just like the received wisdom before EU the referendum was that remain would win, do you see where I'm going with this? Received wisdom is bullshit.  Just because opinions are widely held or because you believe an opinion is widely held doesn't mean it was right.  My opinion is Clinton would have won at a canter if she hadn't been hamstrung by Wikileaks, the Russians and James Comey or actively campaigned against by sections of the Democratic party or had the Black vote not been compromised by voting ID laws.  Which is a bit more nuanced than yours, I think you'll agree.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

To be fair, this should all have been avoided by US acts during Obama's eight years, if not Bush before him. Any US president would be in a terrible position right now, all they can realistically do at this stage is let North Korea get nukes, act outraged and hope they don't use them. Everyone's favourite cuddly old man John McCain trying to call Trump out as a pussy by saying he's 'not ready' to use force. That worries me, it's exactly the kind of thing Trump will bite to.

In theory North Korea should never use the weapons, they know better than anyone they'd be pulverised, but the Kim dynasty can't last forever so when it does fall, might the leader (Jong-Un or whoever it may be) just think 'ah f**k it' when the revolution is ten minutes from his door?

Happy days.

McCain made perfect sense to me.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345809-mccain-not-sure-trumps-rhetoric-on-north-korea-is-helpful

12 hours ago, mjw said:

President Trump says North Korea best not make more threat against US: "They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

I'm off to watch Threads just in case.

Good job we haven't got a hawk in the Whitehouse, right Hilary-haters?

I've been playing quite a bit of Fallout (New Vegas) recently so I feel that I'll be in a decent position to deal with the inevitable raiders, ghouls, giant rad scorpions and all the other mutated creatures once the bombs drop

I've been playing quite a bit of Fallout (New Vegas) recently so I feel that I'll be in a decent position to deal with the inevitable raiders, ghouls, giant rad scorpions and all the other mutated creatures once the bombs drop

But will you join the Brotherhood of Steel if they're recruiting?

11 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

How many countries like North Korea have them though ? Probably none. If I stayed on the East coast of America I don't think I would be quite as confident if they had proper nukes. I always thought that countries that end up obtaining long range nuclear capability are pretty much immune from invasion from a larger power. The Americans will either have to stop them in their tracks or accept the fact that they're getting closer and closer to making them. 

You'd be fairly safe on the east coast of the USA, unless North Korea occupied Iceland, then you might have cause to worry.

West coasters, on the other hand...