The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

24 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The only people I met in real life who were excited / inspired by Clinton fell into two groups. Very high IQ female professionals with 0 - .5 kids who kind of hate men. Gay dudes. Those are both pretty low % of the population. Trump excited 95-105 IQ white guys working average jobs and most of the wives of those types. Obama was obviously inspiring to large groups of people. Clinton is just a horrible politician.

Clinton is a policy wonk who has publicly admitted she's a shite politician. She would have been far more effective in fighting for the working American than Trump though imo, even with a Republican majority in Congress. Not so sure about the rest of the world, Trump's basic instinct is to leave it alone unless America or one of his hotels or golf courses is under threat, if he wasn't so thin skinned and liable to over react that might not be such a bad thing.

Edited by welshbairn

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm just waiting from the 2.00 a.m. tweet.

"Just launched nuclear attack on South Korea.  What's that?  You sure it's not South?  Oops."

" Failing Fake News Media (apologized!) claiming I 'mistakenly' levelled Seoul last night when I was pre-emptively stalling a North Korean occupation! Sad! Must report honestly!"

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Not really, it's the same "inspirational" candidate, right?  What's the diff?  Was he a less capable candidate second time around?  He wasn't facing a spoiler Green candidate that got 1,457,216 votes, either. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/jill-stein-green-party-votes-exceed-donald-trump-margin-handed-presidency-hillary-clinton-michigan-a7451641.html

The fact that one of them was half decent at inspiring people and won.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Hypothetically... how would the world react if Trump launched a pre-emptive strike on North Korea, and they unloaded into Seoul killing 50,000 people? It's not as if it would be unexpected.

Or more like NK  would hit SK  first.

Would Trump be justified to hit back? 

Has to be yes. And very hard. 

48 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Or more like NK  would hit SK  first.

Would Trump be justified to hit back? 

Has to be yes. And very hard. 

NK has had the power to inflict huge damage on Seoul and the rest of SK for 60 years, even more so now. But they never have, 1) Because it would mean suicide, and 2) Because they want to unify Korea rather than kill everyone. I don't think NK will do anything much unless they're under attack or think they're about to be. They know they'd be annihilated in a full scale war and the reason they're putting so much effort into nuclear weapons is to stop a war happening, that they could only lose. The biggest danger is a daft skirmish, which they're fond of starting, being used as a reason to start a full scale war. Someone has to steal Trump's phone and keep him away from the mic.

P.S. This isn't the time for America to get panicky about the odd nuclear missile threat, they and we have survived the last 70 years with thousands pointed at us. Wimps.

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

NK has had the power to inflict huge damage on Seoul and the rest of SK for 60 years, even more so now. But they never have, 1) Because it would mean suicide, and 2) Because they want to unify Korea rather than kill everyone. I don't think NK will do anything much unless they're under attack or think they're about to be. They know they'd be annihilated in a full scale war and the reason they're putting so much effort into nuclear weapons is to stop a war happening, that they could only lose. The biggest danger is a daft skirmish, which they're fond of starting, being used as a reason to start a full scale war. Someone has to steal Trump's phone and keep him away from the mic.

P.S. This isn't the time for America to get panicky about the odd nuclear missile threat, they and we have survived the last 70 years with thousands pointed at us. Wimps.

How many countries like North Korea have them though ? Probably none. If I stayed on the West coast of America I don't think I would be quite as confident if they had proper nukes. I always thought that countries that end up obtaining long range nuclear capability are pretty much immune from invasion from a larger power. The Americans will either have to stop them in their tracks or accept the fact that they're getting closer and closer to making them. 

Edited by AUFC90

Trump thinks he's at a pre fight boxing conference "North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen" Then he shakes his tiny wee fist and strips down to his gold lame y's for the weigh in.

From NK state news -

The KPA Strategic Force is now carefully examining the operational plan for making an enveloping fire at the areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic rocket Hwasong-12 in order to contain the U.S. major military bases on Guam including the Anderson Air Force Base in which the U.S. strategic bombers, which get on the nerves of the DPRK and threaten and blackmail it through their frequent visits to the sky above south Korea, are stationed and to send a serious warning signal to the U.S.

It should immediately stop its reckless military provocation against the state of the DPRK so that the latter would not be forced to make an unavoidable military choice.

To be fair to Kim, nuclear bombers flying over my house would probably get on my nerves too.

To be fair, this should all have been avoided by US acts during Obama's eight years, if not Bush before him. Any US president would be in a terrible position right now, all they can realistically do at this stage is let North Korea get nukes, act outraged and hope they don't use them. Everyone's favourite cuddly old man John McCain trying to call Trump out as a pussy by saying he's 'not ready' to use force. That worries me, it's exactly the kind of thing Trump will bite to.

In theory North Korea should never use the weapons, they know better than anyone they'd be pulverised, but the Kim dynasty can't last forever so when it does fall, might the leader (Jong-Un or whoever it may be) just think 'ah f**k it' when the revolution is ten minutes from his door?

Happy days.

16 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He didn't have Gary Johnson taking 4.5 million votes (mainly) off the Republican candidate either.

Johnson's voters were mostly under 50 and a lot of the more childish Bernie Sanders supporters vowed to switch their votes to him.  There's a reason that he got 4.5m votes this time compared to 1.2m in the previous election and it wasn't because of a libertarian dislike of Trump.