The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Guess who else was at Putin's table when Michael Flynn was sitting next to him? Jill Stein, who could well have handed Trump the election by taking electoral votes off Clinton. Looks like a boring night though.

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700_2740a

Watching BBC Hardtalk, what is this obsession with trying to get Russians admit they interfere in the Wests elections? Is there any Country in the Arab world or Central America that the US hasn't tried to influence in the last 50 years?

wasnt sure if I was watching Veep when some American nonce was greeting about Iran trying influence Foriegn elections:lol:

2 hours ago, Mudder said:

Watching BBC Hardtalk, what is this obsession with trying to get Russians admit they interfere in the Wests elections? Is there any Country in the Arab world or Central America that the US hasn't tried to influence in the last 50 years?

wasnt sure if I was watching Veep when some American nonce was greeting about Iran trying influence Foriegn elections:lol:

It must be the secrecy the Americans don't like. They prefer the blatant approach to influencing foreign politics, like jetting their president into a country to tell them how to vote in a referendum, or having State Dept officials handing out cookies at anti-government rallies.

It must be the secrecy the Americans don't like. They prefer the blatant approach to influencing foreign politics, like jetting their president into a country to tell them how to vote in a referendum, or having State Dept officials handing out cookies at anti-government rallies.

Where did the cookie story happen?

51 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Not many people will have an issue with that tbh. 

I object!!

We had sorta been hoping we could go the entire 4 years without him noticing we exist but he seems to have found us.  As for the dairy thing, our dairy exports to the US are so miniscule that any sort of tariff would have pretty much no impact on dairy suppliers.  Even Wisconsin dairy farmers are saying that the problem is over-production not our milk.

Oh, and he also slapped a tariff on our softwood lumber exports, which has been a long running dispute for the last couple of decades.  

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Bombing Canada next is my guess...

Trump is simply pointing out that a good sales model is to sell dairy products to everybody within a 100 mile radius.
Sounds like a great plan but then suddenly this other country just appears from nowhere and that kind of complicates everything.

I love how he describes the Tomahawk missile incident as unbelievable technology and unbelievable talent, before following up by saying they "go off" and end up in a town or city. He literally doesn't think before opening his mouth.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I love how he describes the Tomahawk missile incident as unbelievable technology and unbelievable talent, before following up by saying they "go off" and end up in a town or city. He literally doesn't think before opening his mouth.

Thing that worries me is how the only time his ratings and commentary on the news channels (which he's addicted to) improved was when he launched the attack in Syria. He's being slaughtered today, his sanity is being seriously questioned on air.  Morning Joe is worth a watch, the main anchor was a Republican congressman. I worry that he'll be delighted when the military come up with another idea for something quick and dramatic to boost his ratings. He still thinks he's in a reality TV show.

Hillary Clinton is back with a bang. Says she takes "absolute personal responsibility" for the loss, before going onto blame, amongst others, Vladimir Putin, James Comey, Wikileaks and sexism. 

James Comey is currently in front of a Senate committee testifying that her aide, Huma Abedin, used to send classified emails to her partner Anthony Weiner so he could print them off and Clinton could read them. Comey appears to be backing off pressing charges, which seems mystifying on the face of it. 

A nice reminder that while in comparison to Trump she is obviously highly competent, she is quite literally the biggest failure in political history.