The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump has delayed a grant that would have gone to modernise the Caltrain.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Trump-administration-deals-a-big-setback-to-10941880.php

Public transport and roads here needs vast amounts of money for modernisation but as shite as the Caltrain is I'm not sure it is what is needed at this time.
Alameda and Santa Clara Counties have horrific traffic. Almost, if not as bad as LA.
I feel sorry for anyone that tells me they have to cross a bridge east to west or drive through San Jose on their commute.

3 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Trump has delayed a grant that would have gone to modernise the Caltrain.
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Trump-administration-deals-a-big-setback-to-10941880.php

Public transport and roads here needs vast amounts of money for modernisation but as shite as the Caltrain is I'm not sure it is what is needed at this time.
Alameda and Santa Clara Counties have horrific traffic. Almost, if not as bad as LA.
I feel sorry for anyone that tells me they have to cross a bridge east to west or drive through San Jose on their commute.

Dang boondoggle whatever that means, apparently.

On 18/02/2017 at 01:03, NotThePars said:

Mate I haven't the first clue what swampy looks like and I don't really care that much either way because the guy's been banned once for being a massive racist. I don't want to waste my time arguing with someone who's hit out with crackers about blacks having a cultural problem with wealth and left wingers being naturally more "retarded" on the account where he's toning it down. If you think that adds something then by all means keep stanning for the guy.

Racist.

On 2/17/2017 at 14:28, Shades75 said:

You're pretty good at rooting for Trump and providing arguments for his policies, choice of personnel and outbursts.  I've been quite impressed by that, even if I disagree on most of the content.

The nit-picking of any dissenting voices is what really shows you up though.

You should accept that people disagree with him.  That will never change. It shouldn't be such a jarring issue.  Yet it is.

That's because, IMO, even most of the Trump supporters have come to know that he's an imbecile but no-one likes to admit to being wrong.  It hurts, as does the truth.

I do think most of the people in this thread are intelligent. I'm not sure how some corrections that I make come across, but I feel that from time to time people should just take my word that they are missing some of the context for what is going on. That's outside of agreeing or disagreeing with anything I say.

I think Trump is brilliant outside of whether I support his politics. My whole life I've known about Trump and his reputation was always that of a clownish billionaire. He's been talking for as long as I can remember about running for President, always insisting that he would win if he tried. It was a running national joke. Then he declared that he was running and I was laughing about it with my friends. I remember a specific conversation with a friend just after he pulled into 2nd place in the Republican Party polling for the first time and I was still laughing at him. He convinced me though. And he convinced a lot of other people. The dude was right that he could be President when he wanted. He's a genius. If this forum is anything representative of what people are thinking overseas, it seems like instead of admitting that they were wrong about Trump's incompetence that they have shifted the goalposts to saying that Americans are dumb. Go back and look at the posts made here about Trump during the campaign. Everyone was laughing about how supposedly incompetent he was as a candidate. Now they are making the same assumptions about his Presidency based on the same media reports.

I do think most of the people in this thread are intelligent. I'm not sure how some corrections that I make come across, but I feel that from time to time people should just take my word that they are missing some of the context for what is going on. That's outside of agreeing or disagreeing with anything I say.
I think Trump is brilliant outside of whether I support his politics. My whole life I've known about Trump and his reputation was always that of a clownish billionaire. He's been talking for as long as I can remember about running for President, always insisting that he would win if he tried. It was a running national joke. Then he declared that he was running and I was laughing about it with my friends. I remember a specific conversation with a friend just after he pulled into 2nd place in the Republican Party polling for the first time and I was still laughing at him. He convinced me though. And he convinced a lot of other people. The dude was right that he could be President when he wanted. He's a genius. If this forum is anything representative of what people are thinking overseas, it seems like instead of admitting that they were wrong about Trump's incompetence that they have shifted the goalposts to saying that Americans are dumb. Go back and look at the posts made here about Trump during the campaign. Everyone was laughing about how supposedly incompetent he was as a candidate. Now they are making the same assumptions about his Presidency based on the same media reports.

We're not shifting the goalposts

The goalposts genuinely do shift when you switch from candidate to President

Even the worst presidents in US history were successful candidates.

Nobody is making assumptions on media reports.....they are simply listening to the stream of utter nonsense coming out of trumps own mouth.

Me and a mate watched his press conference from a couple of days ago last night. I've not been following this thread but I was genuinely in disbelief at what I was hearing. Almost every line he said, if said by another president or elected head of state, would have been headline news for weeks.

The remarkable thing about his speeches is the sheer vagueness and lack of specifics. He witters on about "these things are going on" or "I've heard from people that...". He just seems to be able to make up utter nonsense and get away with it. I saw on Facebook today that he's referred to some terror attack in Sweden that apparently happened last night when it didn't.

I knew he was obviously an awful candidate when he stepped up but I thought if he won he'd at least not get away with all the nonsense rhetoric he comes out with. American politics, if it wasn't before, is an absolute circus and this man's the main clown.

Me and a mate watched his press conference from a couple of days ago last night. I've not been following this thread but I was genuinely in disbelief at what I was hearing. Almost every line he said, if said by another president or elected head of state, would have been headline news for weeks.
The remarkable thing about his speeches is the sheer vagueness and lack of specifics. He witters on about "these things are going on" or "I've heard from people that...". He just seems to be able to make up utter nonsense and get away with it. I saw on Facebook today that he's referred to some terror attack in Sweden that apparently happened last night when it didn't.
I knew he was obviously an awful candidate when he stepped up but I thought if he won he'd at least not get away with all the nonsense rhetoric he comes out with. American politics, if it wasn't before, is an absolute circus and this man's the main clown.

He watches cable news and bases everything he says on what he's heard there.
Hence a rise in crime in Sweden being blamed on immigrants becomes a never happened terrorist incident.

Oh no the man is an idiot and a very large percentage of the american electorate are morons, however a large percentage of ours are also in voting for brexit so dont take it too personally.

The man is an idiot but remember that the Trump vote was consistent among all the educated classes. What linked them was that they were white. Racism and xenophobia has a long intellectual history and we need to move away from the narrative that it's just the thickos that are embracing far right ideology.