Wardy and BSC Square go

PhantomExpert

Hard building a team up from scratch
Especially amateur teams
Players come and go

Sometimes over 30s have that bit a experience others younger don't have

Would any of these players have progressed to lowland league

I highly doubt it , unless it was a promising young kid

I don't think Wardy will be short of offers. Clubs need guys like him who can bring in a few players and add to already decent squads. Its not professional football, I don't see many committees giving two f*cks because he made these emails public.

That's it. In amateur football, if we are totally honest about it.
When looking for a manager most clubs want
1) someone to bring in new players
2) someone who is willing to put in time.
3) if they can bring dough/sponsorship with them, then they are a godsend.

Style of football is incidental for most amateur football clubs...there are, of course, some exceptions...but in general, a new manager needs to bring new players first and foremost.

Ward done really well for Maryhill, an his own personality allowed him to take the SSML select squad...this crap won't adversely affect him in getting a gig, especially if he ticks the boxes above.

I've swayed backwards and forwards about whether to reply to this post and in the end decided that I would say something. I'm adamant that I won't make this a personal post against anyone or make a bad situation any worse than it is. 

The main reason for me posting that email is because I don't want anyone else in amateur football being sold a dummy like I was and getting involved with someone who treats a coach like that. I dedicated every single spare minute of my time for that club. The service the players were getting was excellent and they all know that is the case. I took that job in May and I did not have one single player signed. Putting a team on the park for the start of the season was always going to be difficult but halfway through we found ourselves on a decent wee run and starting to look like we could compete. Anyone who follows me on Twitter or who has my number knows how much of a pest I was, constantly trying to get better players in and improve, so to have all of my hard graft thrown back in my face was a sickener.

I could pick holes in that email for hours and give the facts to back up my side but this incident doesn't deserve anymore airtime.

Anyone who knows me knows what I am all about. Nobody can take away from me what I did with Maryhill Black Star and it is pleasing to see that they are still kicking on and picking up trophies. Between that team and the SSMFL select I doubt you would find anyone that says that I'm incapable of managing a football team. Whatever reputation I have in amateur football I want to preserve, hence the post on twitter. Some might see it as airing their dirty laundry or sour grapes, it really isnt, its self preservation. Hope that clears a few things up.

Lastly Id like to thank George Fraser at BSC. One of the good guys. 

14 hours ago, wardy426 said:

I've swayed backwards and forwards about whether to reply to this post and in the end decided that I would say something. I'm adamant that I won't make this a personal post against anyone or make a bad situation any worse than it is. 

The main reason for me posting that email is because I don't want anyone else in amateur football being sold a dummy like I was and getting involved with someone who treats a coach like that. I dedicated every single spare minute of my time for that club. The service the players were getting was excellent and they all know that is the case. I took that job in May and I did not have one single player signed. Putting a team on the park for the start of the season was always going to be difficult but halfway through we found ourselves on a decent wee run and starting to look like we could compete. Anyone who follows me on Twitter or who has my number knows how much of a pest I was, constantly trying to get better players in and improve, so to have all of my hard graft thrown back in my face was a sickener.

I could pick holes in that email for hours and give the facts to back up my side but this incident doesn't deserve anymore airtime.

Anyone who knows me knows what I am all about. Nobody can take away from me what I did with Maryhill Black Star and it is pleasing to see that they are still kicking on and picking up trophies. Between that team and the SSMFL select I doubt you would find anyone that says that I'm incapable of managing a football team. Whatever reputation I have in amateur football I want to preserve, hence the post on twitter. Some might see it as airing their dirty laundry or sour grapes, it really isnt, its self preservation. Hope that clears a few things up.

Lastly Id like to thank George Fraser at BSC. One of the good guys. 

Reading through this post it's fairly clear that the clubs members are trying to create a pathway from amateur to BSC, that's a sensible route but in order to do so they really must have a team at the current level to mould the amateurs on. this imo will take several years and probably a coach who has played for the club in the style they wish to mould for a number of years to go and implement if it's to be successful.

If they just want a manager to be successful then do what you did and employ a successful Manager at this level, those sides success will be measured in medals and those medals won in whatever system and culture suits and other than a winning mentality delivers no real pathway benefit, it seems from the e-mails that a system or a culture of play is desired but in all honesty that's a very hard thing to deliver for a club that's in its infancy and doesn't yet know what it wants to become. Trying to create a good amateur team with a pathway to ride on the back of BSC is difficult given their time in existence because you need to climb the leagues to attract players but might need to sign different types of players from those you want to attract to get you there. Not easy and I can fully understand the outgoing Managers frustration.

Archived