Mass Effect Andromeda

ALJAGS76

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would staff hang around twiddling their thumbs after a game was released? Of course people are going to be reassigned. The internet war machine is amusingly hysterical on this one.

Seems that people are maybe looking too much into it and that reassignment is a regular thing. Haven't a clue myself though.

EA not rushing into a sequel can only be a good thing. They have already said they still have plans for the franchise, they are simply going to wait a little longer before proceeding, its very common in large gaming companies for main/senior staff to be moved across to new titles or help with titles in development after a game has been released and patches/dlc to be left to junior staff to complete. Bioware are in the middle of developing a brand new IP which has had to be delayed again so its more likely that they desperately need support on that title. Ultimately its one of two reasons that this has happened

1. The title did far worse than they hoped
2. Other titles need help

If EA were gonna pull the trigger on a franchise they would have simply said so, they did that with dead space after the dismal 3rd title.

Tho i did hear a rumor that sales of the title were 1/3rd of what EA expected it to be

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the main story last night and I have to say I ended up really enjoying it.  Once you get past the awful early animations, the game really opens up.  I still have a shit ton of side missions to do, but I have to say I had a hoot with it. It's not perfect by any means.  A lot of the maps are vast expanses of nothingness for example, but I'd give it a solid 8/10 overall.

7 hours ago, Fide said:

I finished the main story last night and I have to say I ended up really enjoying it.  Once you get past the awful early animations, the game really opens up.  I still have a shit ton of side missions to do, but I have to say I had a hoot with it. It's not perfect by any means.  A lot of the maps are vast expanses of nothingness for example, but I'd give it a solid 8/10 overall.

A 7/10 for me. Am very intrigued to see where they go next particularly (spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

with the Quarian Ark. What on earth is going on there???

The places where the game falls down are plain to see but there's a lot to do and I didn't find myself really getting bored at any point. 

59 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

A 7/10 for me. Am very intrigued to see where they go next particularly (spoilers ahead)

Hide contents

with the Quarian Ark. What on earth is going on there???

The places where the game falls down are plain to see but there's a lot to do and I didn't find myself really getting bored at any point. 

Re hidden contents, I have no fucking clue how to hide contents, but re what you said, I'd say that's a stick on for future DLC.

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Re hidden contents, I have no fucking clue how to hide contents, but re what you said, I'd say that's a stick on for future DLC.

If you're on desktop it's via the eye icon at the top. I know it doesn't work on mobile though. I hope it is DLC though as it's probably the one plot point I'm most curious about atm.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so sorry for any spoilers in this post.

I'm onto my 2nd planet, Voleusz or something. Cold. The Angara are bland and pretty meh, most of the characters so far are undefined... The original trilogy Centre around the originality of Garrus, of Jack etc. No one really stands out.
The game play is OK, animations are fine, couple of small glitches nothing to cry about.
The story is intriguing though, enjoying it immensely.
Glad to finally give it a shot, got it for 30 In Sainsburies.

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

OK so sorry for any spoilers in this post.

I'm onto my 2nd planet, Voleusz or something. Cold. The Angara are bland and pretty meh, most of the characters so far are undefined... The original trilogy Centre around the originality of Garrus, of Jack etc. No one really stands out.
The game play is OK, animations are fine, couple of small glitches nothing to cry about.
The story is intriguing though, enjoying it immensely.
Glad to finally give it a shot, got it for 30 In Sainsburies.

The angara were a massive disappointment to me as well but there's a bit of a payoff late in the game for them that redeems em somewhat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2017 at 06:41, Ramagamma said:

First 10 hours of single player and entirety of multiplayer now a free demo. Sales of this must have been dire

Roughly a 3rd of what EA hoped it would have been. What killed it was the free trial of the game prior to release and major patch. The sheer volume of reports coming out about the game being bad/buggy etc were incredible before release and that helped kill its sales. 

Its not a bad game, but its not a great game either. EA were too cocky that the brand alone would make people buy it

• 1 month later...

Switched this on after a few months of ignoring it, the first habitable planet is a little tedious but I'm thoroughly enjoying it now. I can see why people were disappointed but the gameplay is good, the story is good and I'm addicted to the gunfights. I normally don't complete too many side quests in a game first time round, but I can't help myself on this.

It's nowhere near as bad as first impressions suggested it was and it grew to be a fun game. It's a shame it's been nixed.

I'm enjoying this far more than Mass Effect 3, struggling to understand the hate given that this is very much a Bioware game with the standard Bioware faults

Archived