Mass Effect Andromeda

ALJAGS76

Going by the videos, everybody in the game looks creepily robotic, even when they aren't pulling faces like you'd see from actors in a movie outtake. The main lassie you can play as looks utterly terrifying, no matter what she's doing.

Seems like it'll be entertaining enough but, yeah, there's no rush. Think I'll also be waiting for a price drop. I'm still playing through ME2+3 again anyway, and that'll probably take me through 'til Christmas at the rate I get through games these days  :P

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going by the videos, everybody in the game looks creepily robotic, even when they aren't pulling faces like you'd see from actors in a movie outtake. The main lassie you can play as looks utterly terrifying, no matter what she's doing.
Seems like it'll be entertaining enough but, yeah, there's no rush. Think I'll also be waiting for a price drop. I'm still playing through ME2+3 again anyway, and that'll probably take me through 'til Christmas at the rate I get through games these days  [emoji14]

The bad facial animation isn't as obvious on the character I created as the one doing the rounds on all the gifs tbf.

Why anyone would pay full price for this i struggle to comprehend, so many great games out right now and there's this b team project totally lacking in polish.

Its a shame its getting distinctly average reviews especially given the mentions that the multiplayer mode is as strong as the prequels but really bioware have been downhill since Dragon Age Origins

4 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Why anyone would pay full price for this i struggle to comprehend, so many great games out right now and there's this b team project totally lacking in polish.

Its a shame its getting distinctly average reviews especially given the mentions that the multiplayer mode is as strong as the prequels but really bioware have been downhill since Dragon Age Origins

I found the deluxe edition for pc for £38 which isnt terrible but despite having access to the free trial still, im reluctant to purchase it

On 20/03/2017 at 21:20, EdgarusQPFC said:

I found the deluxe edition for pc for £38 which isnt terrible but despite having access to the free trial still, im reluctant to purchase it

Go on - where are you referring to? I haven't really bothered looking yet, but I think most of the ones I've seen at that kind of price have been just the standard edition (whatever difference that makes).

Edit: seems like just a bunch of skins and multiplayer shite, so bolloc...wait, you get a pet Pyjak?!  :o

I played a couple of hours of this last night.  The gameplay seems pretty decent, but the facial animations.  Oh my actual Christ. 

I'd read a bit online so I knew they were a bit ropey.  I didn't expect them to be THAT ropey though.  Action man eyes, pallid skin, waxwork hair.  It's genuinely PS2-era facial animation.  That Bioware are rolling out this on a major franchise in 2017 is an utter disgrace.

I'm probs still gonna buy it. The potential once the game opens up more means I won't begrudge chucking 30 odd quid at it. The animation is so off-putting though. By christ Addison might be the most unintentionally unsettling videogame character I've ever encountered. 

On 3/21/2017 at 21:26, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Go on - where are you referring to? I haven't really bothered looking yet, but I think most of the ones I've seen at that kind of price have been just the standard edition (whatever difference that makes).

Edit: seems like just a bunch of skins and multiplayer shite, so bolloc...wait, you get a pet Pyjak?!  :o

https://www.gamesdeal.com/mass-effect-andromeda-mass-effect-4-d1-edition-pc.html

My bad, its only the day 1 edition

Got this yesterday and played a few hours.  Just got to Nexus and and found the circuit saboteur.  I like it so far, although I dont like how cant freeze the battle and manage your companions to do the skills.  Or maybe you can and I just havent figured it out yet.

Its different (battles, shooting, micromanaging companions) but wandering the Nexus seems familiar.  Want to know how to upgrade my weapons and access my pre order armour, although I think I have to still get to that bit.

Cant wait to get further in and hopefully there is a lot of content and more characters to meet.  Will be taking is slow though.

9 hours ago, Red_Dwarf_Posse said:

Got this yesterday and played a few hours.  Just got to Nexus and and found the circuit saboteur.  I like it so far, although I dont like how cant freeze the battle and manage your companions to do the skills.  Or maybe you can and I just havent figured it out yet.

Its different (battles, shooting, micromanaging companions) but wandering the Nexus seems familiar.  Want to know how to upgrade my weapons and access my pre order armour, although I think I have to still get to that bit.

Cant wait to get further in and hopefully there is a lot of content and more characters to meet.  Will be taking is slow though.

Can do all of that on the Tempest

Two questions:
1) I haven't played the first three games. Will I be alright to play this one?
2) Is it actually any good? I can look at reviews all I want, but I still prefer asking on here.

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Two questions:
1) I haven't played the first three games. Will I be alright to play this one?
2) Is it actually any good? I can look at reviews all I want, but I still prefer asking on here.

1)  Yes.  It's a different crew, different galaxy, different story.  Play the first three though if you get the chance.

2) It's good, not great.  Again from what I played, plus points are combat, cover system and it looks like a vast sprawling universe.  Negative points are, as has been mentioned ad infinitum, some of the facial animations are a fucking disgrace, some of the dialogue is a bit wooden and the first planetary location you visit ( not sure about later ones ) feels overly linear in it's design.

Its a mediocre cash grab made by the b team of a failing development studio. There might be enjoyment to be had but it is not a good game. You'd be better off playing the first 3.

Couldn't convince my girlfriend to pass on this game, as she's a big fan of Bioware (old Bioware anyway, not the diversity hiring, racist defending, fanfic writing Bioware we know now).

It's pretty much the same level of dumpster fire as the trailers and previews made it out to be, with the addition of camera issues (a chat with the Hyperion's captain on the Nexus had the camera focus on a background plant with only a third of the characters' bodies visible). Writing is poor (MY FACE IS TIRED, Addison correcting your grammar and then making a mistake of her own a few lines later, Liam being a train wreck of a character, Peebee in general), animations are horrifying (lead animator had almost zero experience), the Kett as antagonists are rather uninteresting,etcetera.

Only good point is the combat, which is admittedly a big step up from the original trilogy, and some of the backgrounds which really shine every once in a while, but outside of that the game is indicative of the team behind it; a cobbled together group that has only really worked on mobile games and was gimped by bad management from above.

Archived