Killie v Celtic

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did half this thread just get sucked into a vortex? Better 2nd half but still poor performance by Celtic, maybe their minds are elsewhere. Kilmarnock did what they could, they look like a team that is improving week by week.

Clark got it spot on tonight by pushing the attackers up to get the ball off gordons shite distribution. Players put in 100% and were unlucky not to get a point.

If only for a bit more quality in the attacking third and we could of got something from the game.

Celtic were poor but thats what you need to be able to compete with them, but think some of that poorness was due to our tactics and the work of killie to close down anything.

Complete opposite team from the Parkhead result and things are looking a lot more positive than then.

Hopefully thats a team forming now under Clark.

1 minute ago, rory90 said:

Aye one poor performance where we still won 1-0 without looking troubled defensively and we're suddenly garbage again.

Never mind you'll have Barcelona up next, we will see how far you've come since the 7-0

So....will Celtic and Kilmarnock fans be forced into doing some Xmas shopping tomorrow since their game has already been played?

No, the wife is taking me out for a belated birthday lunch. Hopefully I can find a pub with football on after it.

So the pundits & Broony talking about the pitch, just as I said it could be a problem. What do they know though when the resident football experts like Skiddy & Stan dismissed those claims. Surely with their vast experience of playing at the top level of Scottish football, they will know better :lol:

As we won they can't even greet about it being an excuse when it was said post-match.

Anyway a good victory. Brendan Rodgers summed it up well in his post match analysis. A good first half from us and a bit indifferent in the 2nd half. Prob think a 2-0 win would've been a better reflection of the game but Killie dug in the 2nd half but we were never really under the cosh....even with Boyata in the team. See we are true to our charitable roots.

Anyway 13pts clear and the unbeaten run continues.

12 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Broken seats...more like broken legs trying to move in those condensed rows. I'm guessing the stadium planners must've assumed that Kilmarnock is a town full of Oompah Loompahs when it came to designing the ground.

It's a nightmare, as if Kilmarnock needed the extra seats...

Archived