West 4th round and Scottish 4th round

eyeswideopen15

Gosh what a big storm in a little tea cup .....................been to plenty of Scottish / West draws in the past and I can tell you they has been dozen of mistakes [ a couple  by myself ] some crackers we did do a redraw on a couple of occasions but normally it was all sorted when the mistake was discovered.

Back then it was not as professional as todays draws so in my view a big well done to todays organizers for using modern technology and allowing all to view it warts and all

Totally agree with everything in this post.

They really have moved things forward from the old days and have a good team in place from the National Secretary presenting it to the laddie who does the background organisation.

Well done to all. I actually look forward to watching it on twitter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New Douglas park is a nice venue and creates a decent atmosphere but is it not time for the semis and final to be  played on a grass park ? 

It would be nice but you have to weigh up playing on a 3g barring snow the game(s) is/are on and these synthetics with Stadiums will allow games played on the pitch the night before a home tie etc. To get a similar stadium type venue with grass who would allow you to play I would suggest would be of a much lesser standard of venue?

33 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

It would be nice but you have to weigh up playing on a 3g barring snow the game(s) is/are on and these synthetics with Stadiums will allow games played on the pitch the night before a home tie etc. To get a similar stadium type venue with grass who would allow you to play I would suggest would be of a much lesser standard of venue?

Yep agree about the 3G aspect about the weather etc.. and timing but these games get booked way in advance and st mirrens ground is nice stadium and should be looked at for the grass situation and it's a premier league standard 

Yep agree about the 3G aspect about the weather etc.. and timing but these games get booked way in advance and st mirrens ground is nice stadium and should be looked at for the grass situation and it's a premier league standard 

Totally agree, if you could get St Mirrwn ticks ALL the boxes but might be more difficult to fit into grass Park schedule where clubs not keen to allow other games on it etc. Hey if they could do it I would agree would be great.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2016 at 07:59, garygoals said:

Shite mate, any decent outfit will take care of them

We took our time to do so lol, ended up winning 6-1. Didn't trouble us much bar their goal.

Cupar Hearts on Saturday on their patch, heard there strikers are decent so my fat belly is gonna take a pounding from getting up and down.

Archived